Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buyitonebay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 05:38 PM
    How can I identify dried plant fibers
    I have an artifact that is made of what I believe to be weaved from a dried grass or straw. If I can determine what type plant was used I can then possibly narrow down the area of the artist who wove it. Is there a website that might be able to help me with this? Kind of a "who did it" Thanks for any help, Dirk.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't Identify Plant [ 1 Answers ]

20848 20849 Hi, I am hoping someone can help me identify this plant/vine which I suspect is an invasive species. It is growing alongside my mother's house. It has grown to about 8 feet in height in less than 2 months so I think that equals weed and not a good one. I am thinking possibly...

Can you identify this plant? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello all - A friend gave me this plant but nobody knows what it is. The "mother plant" is huge and the leaves are much bigger. My apartment is not as sunny, so baby plant here is not as happy as the mom. I need to know what kind of plant this is because I'm moving to Canada and I don't know...

Identify this plant [ 2 Answers ]

Found this plant outside someone's house in SAline, Michigan and I need to know if it is a bush, tree, or shrub. If you can help me, please e-mail me at EMAIL REMOVED FOR PRIVACY and I will send you the picture. Margaret

Starch and fibers [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between starch and fibers. And what is cellulose and hemicellulose. Starch we can find in potatoes and rice. And plant makes the structure of plant cell wall.

Identify a purlple house plant [ 3 Answers ]

I have a house plant I can't remember what it is called, any help is greatly appreciated. It has purple stem and leaves and sometimes it flowers with a small pink flower between two leaves. I think it is called ______ in a boat, not sure though. Can anyone help?:)

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.