Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iornelas3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 02:32 PM
    After a rainstorm water comes up through separtations on the cement slab in the garag
    After a heavy rainstorm, water has started to surface through the cement slab separations in the garage. Since the garage is carpeted it dampens the carpet.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2010, 02:42 PM

I'm guessing, your wanting to stop the water? I would look close at the downspouts and make sure there directing the water away from the garage. Is this something that's just started? Or how long has it been going on? Good luck
    InfoJunkie4Life Posts: 1,409, Reputation: 81
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2010, 03:11 PM

Could be a high water table. My garage has 3 feet of #2 stone poured beneath the 10" of cement to promote drainage. On top of that there is a hole in the back corner where we drop a pump to alleviate the dampness.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2010, 02:30 PM

Water intrusion will happen where the foundation is weak or additional water from downspouts improperly aimed away from the structure occur.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pouring a cement slab [ 1 Answers ]

I just removed my rotten floor in my home I just purchased. It's an 80yr old home which I plan to resale. I added plumbing fixtures in one room which is now the bathroom and as well in another room for a future kitchen. Here is the dilema, I have about 8" to get to where i want to be in height. I...

Water plumbing under cement slab [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I live in central Texas and want to plumb under a cement slab. I am not comfortable using Pex piping. I wanted to use copper. My question is should both hot and cold water lines be insulated or just hot and what would be best insulation. Thanks, Bobby

Cement slab [ 1 Answers ]

how many yards of cement do I need for a slab of 6x8 4"tick

Cement slab [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cement slab that is rough and uneven. How can I put brick over it to make a patio?

Shower Drain, cement slab [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am about to install a shower drain.This will be on a cement slab. What should the flange part of this drain touch; the existing slab or the new membrane? Thanks! Eddie:)

View more questions Search