Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Johnrolen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 10:41 PM
    Registry
    How important is registry and what are basic editing done on it?
    jrhea Posts: 46, Reputation: 4

Mar 12, 2010, 04:59 PM

The Windows registry is a database used to store settings and options for all current version of Microsoft Windows. It contains information and settings for all of the PC's hardware, software, users, and preferences. Whenever a user makes changes to the control panel settings, file associations, system policies, or installed software, the changes are reflected and stored in the registry. 1,000 registry tweaks and a tutorial may be found here:
    Windows Registry Guide - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Another source to check:

Windows Registry Guide - Registry tweaks and fixes for Windows systems

Hope this helps.
    SalinaFox1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2012, 06:30 AM
    I would suggest to use a system utility tool to fix registry errors. I would recommend to use SpeedUpMyPC 2012 to fix registry errors and optimize PC to its best performance.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Registry [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there guys I need help.I boot into recovery console and select the drive I want to work with,all good.When I want to navigate to the c:\windows dir it says access is denied.What am I doing wrong ?:confused:

Registry Cleaning [ 8 Answers ]

Hi All, In my continuing effort to learn how to take proper care of my "Windows XP Home" PC, I am now struggling to understand registry cleaning. All the warnings I get about messing with the registry make me very nervous, but I want to keep my PC running smoothly. I have done a lot of...

New registry [ 5 Answers ]

Is there any way to change the Registry back to the PC when it was new.I didn't make any backup when I buy it.

Registry? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi If I run a program. One that can only be used a limited amont of time before I regester and pay for it, how does it know that it's already been run through it's trial period, even after it's been removed and reinstalled.

Registry [ 23 Answers ]

How do I manually clean my registry?

View more questions Search