Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marge1954 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 08:08 PM
    I work in one city that witdraws taxes, and I'm being hounded by a city for taxes wh
    Hamilton County, Ohio, is withdrawing taxes, where I work. I live in another county. A city I lived in 3 years ago is hounding me for current taxes and demands I have some kind of proof that I moved! My current salary is about $14,000. Can't afford an attorney to help. Who am I suppose to pay? Everyone?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Feb 9, 2010, 11:14 PM

Please explain your situation more clearly. You said you work in Ohio and live in another country.
    Where do you live now? Which state is hounding you and why? Do you own house or any property in the state that is hounding you?
    Meanwhile check this Your U.S. Tax Return: Working or Living in Two or More states
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 10, 2010, 07:36 AM

If you moved out of the previous county, and do not work there eitherr, you have no obligation to pay the old county any tax on income that you have earned since you moved. They've asked for proof that you moved - I suggest that you respond with items such as a copy of your old lease that shows it ended 3 years ago, and also a copy of your new lease at your new home. Or if you own your own home, include the purchase & sale contract. You don't need a lawyer - just respond as requested, and include good supporting documents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a childcare worker for the city but no taxes was taken. [ 1 Answers ]

I am a childcare worker for the city and I get paid monthly,But no taxes was deducted from any of my pay checks.I would like to know if I can still file taxes and how?

Can I Get A Refund For New York City Taxes? [ 5 Answers ]

I lived and worked in New York City for half of the year and was taxed accordingly. I moved to New Jersey in June, but forgot to change my paperwork (i.e. W-2) with my employer so I kept paying New York state taxes instead of New Jersey state taxes AS WELL AS NEW YORK CITY TAXES. (1) Is there...

NY State and City Taxes [ 5 Answers ]

Is a full time student at Columbia University considered resident for tax purposes for both NY and NY City ? Can the student claim being a resident of the State where he used to live before becoming a student ?

View more questions Search