Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dyfusion Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 05:11 PM
    Skin lightening products in the uk
    Hi,

I know this question has probably been asked a thousand times, but IS there skin lightening products sold in the uk that ACTUALLY work?

I have reasearched for years and understand that since 2006 HQ products have been banned in the uk, and I am also aware that many of our trusted brands which used to contain 2% HQ have been repackeged and reformulated and are less effective to the point that many of us have gone darker (much darker in some cases).

Many of the brands being mentioned I believe are US or Americas purchased, because although here in the uk we can buy the product it has been "repackaged" and very ineffective. I have gone around so many shops and can't seem to find anything that works and have spent lost of money toboot! The other day I saw a woman spend £60 on products... I am considering trying Obagi NuDerm products which contain 4% HQ but understand I have to have a consultation with the DR which is free and apperantly he's black... I don't have really bad skin conditions but want to look lighter and brighter at least by 4 shades (mac NC50 as opposed to NW50) because since using Fair & White seurem I have gone dull and I noticed that they changed the name from lightening to brightening. I don't know what to tell the DR and don't really want to have a face to face consultation and end up with nothing but a referral to a phychologist! I also don't want to buy under the counter products that after a few months are stopped and be back to square one.

Can any one advice?
    asianlad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 07:19 PM

The UK's a big place, whereabouts?
    dyfusion Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 03:29 PM

Sorry London...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Lightening Products [ 3 Answers ]

Want to know if some of you guys out there has ever used any of these products... Lucederm,Medliten and Revitol and if it works Thanks.

Skin lightening products [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam, Does it right that the skin lightening pills really makes your skin more lighter? Does the Gluthatione whitening pill with its ingredients (alpha lipoic acid, grapeseed, etc... ) make your skin light if taking it regularly or does it have a side effect in health or body? My...

Skin Lightening Products [ 1 Answers ]

What are some harmless products that I can use to lighten my skin complexion in less than two weeks?

View more questions Search