Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Feb 9, 2010, 12:32 PM

I'll share my experience. When people around me are laughing, I'm more likely to laugh. Though I often laugh when I'm alone also. I'm not alone often, and never feel lonely when I am. I have been around people who have confided in me that they felt very lonely, even though they were surrounded by people. I have never developed a feeling of loneliness after hearing someone tell me they are lonely. When someone near me cries from pain or sadness or depression, I can empathize momentarily with them, but I don't come away from the experience crying, or depressed, or in pain. I often laugh when I'm alone, I rarely cry when I'm alone.

Ps, I have made no conclusion to my experience
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2010, 04:08 AM

Do you ever feel lonely? The results of new study suggest that your own feelings may actually make the people around you more lonely as well.

According to the results of the study, loneliness can spread much like the common cold. While a cold or flu bug might be spread through a handshake, loneliness can spread through groups of people via negative social interactions. Past research has found that lonely people tend to act more shy, hostile, anxious and socially awkward. They also tend to interpret social interactions differently, often seeing certain behaviors in others as a form of rejection or dismissal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is periodontal disease contagious? [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend has periodontal disease. I recently noticed that sometimes when I don't floss for a time my gums bleed a little. Is that normal or is this disease contagious? :( My wisdom teeth are now emerging, so there is no pain to them as yet! Could they be the cause of the gum changes? Anyone...

Is mono contagious before you show symptoms? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, So I just got tested for Mono today. If I have it, it is VERY mild. Anyway, I am going to see my boyfriend in 6 days after not seeing him for about 3 weeks. I am excited about this but now I am worried - will I not be able to kiss him when I see him if I have mono? The thing is,...

How long am I contagious with mono? [ 3 Answers ]

How long am I contagious with mono? I was diagnosed with it last week but I'm pretty sure I've already had it for two. Last week before I was diagnosed I felt awful and now I think all the physical symptons are gone. Is it okay to kiss in about another week or two. I have a romantic evening...

Is pneumonia contagious? [ 1 Answers ]

Is pneumonia contagious?

Earmites contagious? [ 5 Answers ]

I previously had 2 Lhasa Apsos who had terrible problems with ear mites. They grew really old and had to be put to sleep. I got a my new puppy right before they were put to sleep. They met once, for a brief minute and never touched... (As you probably remember) I've had her around 3 weeks. She's...

View more questions Search