Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kldom Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2006, 12:44 PM
    Basement Roughin 3 Piece ?
    Hi there, I have attached a picture, is this a 3 pce roughin? I can see the toilet, and the tall pipe for water, what about a drain for the shower? What should I see for a normal 3 pce roughin. We also have infloor heating pipes laid, and haven't hooked up the boiler yet. But what options are we looking at if there is no drain, and our house is brand new.
    Thanks.
    Kendra
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 23, 2006, 04:34 PM
    Hi Kendra,

Your picture failed to come through. Try again. Tom

Nov 24, 2006, 11:47 AM
    3 Pce Rougin? What should I see?
    HI ITS ME again, I forgot the pic and wasn't sure how to post a pic, so see attached picture,is this a 3 pce roughin in basement? We were suppose to get it, we want to put in a shower, we have infloor heating and what are our options.
    Attached Images

Eternal Plumber

Nov 27, 2006, 01:09 PM
    I see a ABS lavatory stubout with a cleanout tee. Nothing else, no toilet stub up or shower rough in. What am I missing? Tom

Nov 27, 2006, 01:50 PM
    Thanks for the response, so now that we've confirmed we don't have a full three piece rough in and we were suppose to have had it provided by the builder. We have infloor heating, so what are our options in having them provide the balance of what we need? Being that the infloor heating (pipes laid under the cement) is a problem to jack hammer the cement...
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 27, 2006, 03:31 PM
    You have a PROBLEM! Contact your builder. If your contract called for a basement rough in then you may have legal recourse. Are you sure the rough in wasn't installed and cemented over when the heating system was installed in the floor? Check and let me know. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement [ 3 Answers ]

Hi- We are starting to refinish our basement and we don't have any problems with water. The basement is poured concrete we are finishing about half of the space. I framed the walls with steel studs and purchased but have not hung yet green board Sheetrock that was recommended by our local lumber...

New bathroom roughin [ 6 Answers ]

I just bought a house with an unfinished second floor. The bathroom has a 3" soil stack roughed in and stubbed, but thats it. The first floor stack vent is closeby, so theres no problem continuing the second floor stack to meet the venting the first floor stack. The problem is that the soil...

Basement addition [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 200amp main with about 4 to 6 empty slots I wanted to know if that would be enough to finish my 1400 sf basement? with small kitchen, living area, bedroom, bath and a home studio and if I need a sub panel what would I need and about how much would it cost? I'm finishing my basement...

Basement [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there well I am trying to put a washer in my basement but the sewer line is on the other side of the house from where it will be put so I am asking how should a go about running the drain line without cutting a hole in the floor I have herd about a sump pump and a tank but was not sure if...

Basement Bathroom Roughin [ 5 Answers ]

I have home that is 8yrs old. The basement was roughed in for a toilet only and now I would like to add the shower and sink before closing everything off. The problem is the rough in for the sink and shower do not exist. The toilet is currently about 8' from the main soil stack that comes from...

View more questions Search