Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leechaolan Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 9, 2010, 04:36 AM
    How to make myself look younger while still young?
    I need some serious advice on this matter. I'm only 20 and yet I look 35 or 40. (yikes) My facial hair grows back quickly so my lack of trimming usually makes me look older in that area. But somehow I feel like this isn't enough. On top of that, I've eaten junk food a lot when I was younger, rarely drank any water and I've stayed up late a whole lot and gained a whole lot of weight. Moreover, I've stressed myself out with schoolwork on a daily basis during high school.

Recently, I've lost 30 lbs and I'm now down to 150 lbs. But I still look 35. Is this damage irreversible or can I change it while I'm still young. If yes, what should I do and how long should I expect to look the age that I actually am?

Good news is that I've never drank, smoked or done any drugs to make things worse.

I look forward to answers. (possibly a good one that says that it isn't too late) Be honest, is there any hope or am I doomed?
    198967H Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 11:08 AM
    In my opinion 35 is a young age anyway. Being overweight will always make you look old. Im 6ft4 and 15 stone, but I'm not fat, Im naturally a bulky/muscley guy and I'm also 20 y/o yet some people think I am 30. Just shave you facial hair at least once a week, perhaps change your clothing style and start going out running or cycling. Cyclying for an hour or so a day will get you out on your own away from everything and can relax you as well as toning muscles and losing weight. But you have to change your diet to help lose weight. And get to bed early! You are not doomed.

Hope this can help.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 24, 2010, 11:11 AM

Are you a man or a woman?
    jackie5000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 07:53 AM

You are certainly not doomed. It is amazing what a new hair cut and color will do for either men or women. Go to a salon and have the operator suggest a new style. If you are female then go to a department store and ask any product line for a free makeover. It is also amazing what some new makeup will do for you. Get yourself some sharp outfits due to the weight loss. But most important just remember that you are a unique person and beauty comes in all forms.
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Mar 6, 2010, 04:37 AM
    There's always hope! :)
    What color is your hair? Try lightening or darkening it.
    Perhaps you should do a bit more trimming of your facial hair or try a different facial styles. You like gotee's? Lol Trim your eyebrows if need be.

You need to drink water!! Get really hydrated!
    Get a good moisturizer, younger skin looks soft and supple.

Try not to stress, that can really age a person.
    Get a facial or message... you've got to RELAX.
    How's your smile? Whiten your teeth if you need it.

You lost some weight, which is good! Congrats!
    Have to tighten up a bit, build some muscles, six pack:p
    Do you wear glasses? Ditch them! Get contacts.
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

May 30, 2010, 10:03 AM

Eat healthy! Eat whole wheat, lots of fruit and vegetables, and lean meat, and drink water. Take very good care of your skin! Use eye creams and always cleanse and moisturize your face. Exercise regularly. Take very good care of you skin and wear skin screen, too.
    leechaolan Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Jun 3, 2010, 05:40 PM

Thanks to the stupid email updates not being sent to me like they're supposed to, I am just seeing these answers. I appreciate them. I'm a guy, not a girl. I've improved my condition some since I posted this question. It's worked some wonders . You're right about the water, the sleep and just about everything else. I'm now down to looking 26 instead of 35 or 40. (although shaving gets me straight back to 35) The clothing also has a lot to do with it. I have a really asymmetrical way of gaining weight. Most of it goes to my stomach but I've lost 10 more lbs. As long as I wear loose clothing, it does not look like I have a beer belly.

Thank you for all of the answers. Anything else that I didn't do which was suggested in this forum, I will start doing. I just got my teeth cleaned today after making an appointment two months ago.

Jun 3, 2010, 05:55 PM
    Your very welcome! :)
    Congrats on your mini makeover!
    So your down to 26 now? Lol
    I'm sure you look great!

Has anybody else took notice of the new and improved you yet?
    lJ. Posts: 446, Reputation: 21

Jun 4, 2010, 03:45 PM

*Just to add I would advise not dying your hair and taking very good care of it. Try not to apply heat or chemicals to your hair. And I would also recommend again using an under eye cream at any age.
    durhamlove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2012, 11:58 AM
    I am 39 and always looked young for my age. I notice stressing and not getting enough sleep really makes you look old and I have a beer belly because of drinking so much. I am taking some advice drinking more water and getting out exercising like playing a lot of tennis and weight lifting.

Jun 4, 2012, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by durhamlove View Post
    I am 39 and always looked young for my age. I notice stressing and not getting enough sleep really makes you look old and I have a beer belly because of drinking so much. I am taking some advice drinking more water and getting out exercising like playing a lot of tennis and weight lifting.
    That's good, getting outside to exercise, just in time for summer!
    With tennis and weight lifting, you'll be back at tip top shape quickly.
    Keep us updated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What would you tell your younger self? [ 30 Answers ]

Hello everyone!! Ok please forgive me if I chose the wrong topic to place this under but I thought of something fun.. If you had a chance to go back in time to your younger self, what advice would you give to yourself, or what warnings would you give? I will start it.. for advice I would...

70/80s(?) movie about a young boy falling for a young widow (it's in The Shining) [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, for anyone who has seen Stanley Kubrick's The Shining, this movie is shown in that movie (about 55 minutes in). There's a part where the little boy and mom are watching a movie in one of the halls and THAT is the movie. Now, I know I've seen this movie before in its entirety. It's about...

He's younger.I don't know what to do! [ 1 Answers ]

There is this boy in my school, and I started to like him. Thing is, he's younger than me. I don't know how he feels about me, I mean he called me the nicest person in the world and all, but still, I'm not sure! :confused:, :rolleyes:

How young is too young when it comes to your virginity? [ 41 Answers ]

This girl who's interested in me recently told me that she lost hers at 14.The legal age here is 16.Im not sure whether to be put off by this because it seems a bit young. She said she's never had sex after that but that's not the point.woulnt care if she's a virgin or not but not sure if I should...

View more questions Search