Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chingoblingers Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 11:30 PM
    How do I approach girls?
    Now I am a 15 yr old tall black teen boy and I really need help with this so many people have told me just have confidence and walk up to a girl you like... well there's a problem for me there. See I mostly see the girls I like in school, and there usually walking around with there friends or eating at lunch(with there friends). What am I supposed to do walk up to them while there in the middle of there conversations ask them to come to me.. usually girls are never alone so its hard to catch them by there selfs and that's an obstacle when it comes to me Please help I Need advice

I ALSO HAVE TO ASK... I know this is lame and all but how do you say hi/ reply to a chick when she says hi to you do you wave, say hi back, throw up the peace sign... IM trying to be cool I really don't know
    scortcho Posts: 78, Reputation: 3

Feb 9, 2010, 03:10 AM

Dude, you need to relax, girls can tell when you're uncofortable, like bears can smell fear. The best thing to do is to know someone in their group of friends. For instance, if I wanted to get to know a girl, and I was already friends with one of her friends, I'd be able to get to her that way. However, it is more difficult if you don't have that luxury. The next best thing is, instead of trying to get into a group of girls, make yourself approchable, be a person that a girl would want to talk to, be different and intersting. Coming from a dude with a purple mohawk, I can tell you that being interesting and different is one of the best ways to get to know people. As far as salutations go, if girls are waving/ saying hi to you. That's pretty good, it's a start. You should just be confident and wave/ say hey back. Confidence and coolness go very close together. If you're a nervous wreck then nobody will want to be around you, but if you radiate in confidence people are attracted to that.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2010, 06:55 AM

Read this my man! It will give you some helpful tips on this very familiar and common topic. Scortcho is right on - confidence is key!

Also - girls love a guy who can make them laugh. Trust me on this!

Talking To Girls - A Quick Guide
    Caramel1989 Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Feb 9, 2010, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chingoblingers View Post
    Now i am a 15 yr old tall black teen boy and i really need help with this so many people have told me just have confidence and walk up to a girl you like... well theres a problem for me there. See i mostly see the girls i like in school, and there usually walking around with there friends or eating at lunch(with there friends). what am i supposed to do walk up to them while there in the middle of there converstations ask them to come to me.. usally girls are never alone so its hard to catch them by there selfs and thats an obsticle when it comes to me Please help i Need advice
    As a girl, I would say scortcho is right! Confidence is the key. When a girl says hi.. match the way she said it. As in, if she waved, wave back. It can be a little dry when someone waves and only gets back a smile or a hi. A wave is more enthusiastic so if she waves then wave back, if she just says hi then just say hi. I know what u mean about girls always being in a pack... we do that lol. So first break the ice in class or something. Sit near her and say a random comment one day... just to break the ice. If you feel that she responds well to you and you want to ask her to a dance or something... if she is with her friends, go up to them and ask her if u can talk to her for a second... and take her away from her friends and ask her. Trust me she would love it... it makes her feel special. All her friends will only be jealous and asking her for details when she returns. But before you ask her anywhere make sure to break the ice with some sort of conversation just to see how she responds to you. Good uck and be confident.. even if your shacking inside.. act your not!
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2010, 10:45 AM

Actually, joining a group conversation is easier than coming up with one on your own. I think it would be a good idea to sit down with them and their friends and talk to them in a group situation, this way you may be 1/5 of the converastaion in stead of 1/2... it'll put a lot less pressure on you, and make things less-awkward.
    chingoblingers Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2010, 04:28 PM
    What do I do in that waiting period when you ask someone out via mobile
    O.K thanks to some users, I had gained the courage to go sit, talk, and converse with Some Girls and I even asked one out but it was not person to person. You see we texted and I asked her, and she said that it was a mabe. I see her tomorrow on the bus and I feel that it will be really awkward. I need help to survive today can anyone help?

Also we've been friends sense 8th grade , every time I see her I tease here and try to make her laugh... (most of the time it works) so we have a wired friendship. And I might have Competition with trying to get her cause a better smooth talking guy is giving me trouble
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 10, 2010, 05:06 PM
    I wonder if she's taking you seriously about a date. You've known her since 8th grade, and most of the contact has been on a friendship level. Maybe texting her leaves her wondering how sincere you are, as opposed to asking her face to face so she could see you are serious.

When you see her on the bus, just ask her if she'd like to go to a movie Friday night. Something specific that leaves her with the impression that you want to take her out, not just testing the waters. See what she says.

No harm in asking, the worst that could happen is that you she'll say no.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2010, 10:39 PM

Don't worry about the competition. Self confident guys don't care about it at all.

Just keep being friendly, and ask her out in person. Even if she can't go, don't be worried, just keep being friendly as long as she is, and is smiling. You have to give them a chance to know you, and be comfortable.
    dynocompe Posts: 331, Reputation: 56

Feb 12, 2010, 09:29 AM

Ohh I miss high school! THose were the easy days! Girls everywhere!
    scortcho Posts: 78, Reputation: 3

Feb 19, 2010, 04:11 PM

First off, you shoudn't have asked her out by phone, that's not cool. It shows that you're not secure or sure enough to ask her out face to face. The fact that she said maybe isn't good, that almost always means one of two things: she wants to shut you down but she doesn't know how, or she daesn't have any feelings for you at all and she doesn't want to hurt your feelings by telling you that. Unfortunately she won't just gain feelings for you, in fact she may never have feelings for you because it's now going to be akward that you asked her out. Sorry buddy but things don't look to good for the situation right now.
    00kaitlin Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2010, 05:30 PM

Hey OK since I'm a girl I know a lot about this stuff and what you should do is join the conversation and try to get to know her. Trust me and when you see her in the hall just be like "Hey Whats up" she'll reply and then ask her about something get a conversation. Started girls who like guys who are funny and a bit outgoing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do guys tend to lose interest in girls more quickly if the girls are easily dated? [ 11 Answers ]

It seems like most of the guys that I have dated lost interest in me if we started dating fairly quickly and easily. It seemed to happen even more quickly once we were in a relationship and I asked if we could go out to certain events or see certain things. Then most of the guys that have asked...

The two girls got pregent and they both thought that they were going to have girls [ 5 Answers ]

Two girls got pregent and they both thought that they were going to have gils but one had a boy and the other a girl. The friend moved somewhere else and the other stayed in the town.. and something about the little boy falling into a swimming pool

With polite we approch to your hands [ 5 Answers ]

Not imposing anything here, part of our faith is to introduce the truth to others, 5:82 Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and nearest among them in love to the believers wilt thou find those who say, "We are Christians": because amongst these are...

View more questions Search