Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweatmanfamily Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 07:15 PM
    Help me find a way to keep my house, keep my lights on and buy groceries
    I am in danger of losing my house to foreclosure, my electric company has sent a final notice and we have very few groceries.
    sweatmanfamily Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweatmanfamily View Post
    I am in danger of losing my house to foreclosure, my electric company has sent a final notice and we have very few groceries.
    My husband is disabled and I am a Library Assistant now - but I was laid off so long, that we are in trouble.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 8, 2010, 07:22 PM
    What kind of help would you like? Have you tried Salvation Army, St. Vincent De Paul Society? These are places to start.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2010, 10:40 PM
    Hi, sweatmanfamily!

Around where I live, we have a commuity action agency that helps people with many things like what you need.

Project NOW

If you cotact them, they might be able to put you in touch with a similar type of agency around where you're located.

I wish and hope only the best for you and yours!

Thanks!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 8, 2010, 10:51 PM

There is definitely help out there for you. If you've worked in a library, I'm surprised you don't know that a public library reference department has information on local groups, agencies, organizations, and churches that help people/families going through a rough time. As a counselor intern, I worked at Catholic Charities. Check with them or Lutheran Social Services for help. What about the local food pantry? If you are still not finding resources, please post here again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to buy a house [ 1 Answers ]

I need money to help pay for school to be come a psychologist. Can I practice in the state of Louisiana with a felony record as a Psychologist? I need to pay for legal support to help with my fines and having my record expunged. I want to buy a house, I don't have that great of credit but banks...

What should I ask when looking at a house I would like to buy? [ 2 Answers ]

There is a house up the street. I currently rent and I think I would like to buy that house. What questions shoud I ask? What information is most important for me?

Should I buy a car first or a house [ 13 Answers ]

Dear everyone, I have a question: Once I have saved some money, should I buy real estate first or buy a new car(the old one is paid for)? Why is that?

Want to buy a house... [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I are currently renting and looking to purchase a house. He is 29 and I am 25. Currently we are about 7 months pregnant and I have been out of work since September due to a quick move and lack of options in the condition that I am in. He is a high school teacher and gets paid...

View more questions Search