Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mzslim522 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 10:52 AM
    If an athlete weighs 153 and has 15.0 body fat by weight, how many pounds of fat doe
    If an athlete weighs 153lb and has 15.0% body fat by weight, how many pounds of fat does the athlete's body contain?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 8, 2010, 11:24 AM
    Break it down into things you know.
    What's 10% of 153 lbs ?
    SO you now know 10%, so what's 5% ?
    Add the 2 terms together and you have 15%..
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2010, 03:43 AM

Percentages are fractions.

26% means 26/100
    15% means 15/100

If you want to find 50% of $1000, you get (50/100)*1000 = $500.

The same method goes for your problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to gain weight have fat in the body [ 4 Answers ]

I an 43 years old and I am have not got any fat in my body . I also don't want to eat anything i.e.things which can increase the weight I like only chats and nothing else.Help me out

Is 180-200 pounds fat? [ 27 Answers ]

I'm a female and 21. About 5.6 tall. I'm around 180-210 pounds. I haven't gotten weight in a while. But is around that much heavy for me? Like, unhealthy? My fiancé tells me that I'm fine and I tell myself I'm fat. I hate the way I look and I've tried to lose weight in school~lost a lot but only...

Why does Fat in food have anything to do with Fat in the body ? [ 8 Answers ]

Why does Fat in food have anything to do with Fat in the body ? Fat in the Body ought to be the stored form of surplus calories in food. Surplus calories are dependent on total calories in food and total expenditure From Body. Total calories have no direct relation to Fat calories. Similarly...

No weight loss, but body fat percentage has gone down [ 6 Answers ]

I've been working out for the past week, and I've been feeling a bit slimmer, but when I weighed myself the other day I hadn't lost any weight, but my body fat percentage went down about 10%. Is this possible, or did the scale screw up?

Pounds vs. Body Fat [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to lose weight... but I can't seem to shed pounds only body fat. My body fat percentage is dropping so easily but not the pounds... WHY NOTTTT?? I want that number to go down tooooo!!

View more questions Search