Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    12655 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 06:42 AM
    What are the inflexible metal ducts leading to heat pump furnace duct
    One of these ducts had a very slow drip of water. I was able to make out a very fine hairline crack and put some tape over it. The lead seems to have stopped so I took the tape off and now can't even see the crack. Diagnosis?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 8, 2010, 07:29 AM
    A picture would make it easy. Are these items made of copper?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2010, 07:48 AM

Use go advanced/manage attachments to post one.
    12655 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    A picture would make it easy. Are these items made out of copper?
    No, they're silver metal. This happened yesterday, but today I see nothing. I pulled off the tape and it's dry. Can't understand it because I'm sure there was nothing dripping from the ceiling above the duct. We just had 3 feet of snow over the weekend and maybe that had something to do with some sort of condensation? I really know nothing about these things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coleman electric furnace/heat pump. When elec heat comes on, it will not shut off. [ 1 Answers ]

Last week when I got up for work I noticed the house warmer than normal. I found the electric heat strips still energized. Tstat was set for 70 house was 74. I do hvac work but deal with air handlers, chillers and small boilers, only residential when its mine. Anyway, I asked the guy at Johnstone...

Can Nashua 324 Tape be use on the INSIDE of metal duct at furnace out take? [ 9 Answers ]

I've used nashua 324A tape to seal up the custom metal duct I had to create to connect up my furnace to the existing heating duct. I used it on the inside and outside and was wondering if I'm at risk of a possible fire. The tape is rated to 325 degrees but I just wanted get some confirmation...

What is the purpose of a duct leading from the outside into the basement? [ 2 Answers ]

In the basement of a condominium, there is a duct that leads from the outside into the basement. Looking from the basement, this duct is connected to nothing. What is the purpose of this duct?

Furnace Thermostat Near Heat Duct [ 2 Answers ]

I live in an older home (1928). The furnace thermostat is mounted to a wall which also carries a heat duct to the second floor. The wall surface is warm during the heating season and I think this radiant heat is affecting the thermostat. Is there a way to shield the stat to minimize the heat...

View more questions Search