Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobob12344 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 07:42 PM
    I need to make friends!
    Thread moved to more appropriate section

Hello all I'm a 22 year old male college student. I just got out of a nearly 4 year relationship and am I need of help making friends. Any advice?
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 08:25 PM

Just be yourself man and do your own thing and sooner or later friends will be drawn to you.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 09:45 PM

Put yourself out there.

Hobbies? Sports? Social gatherings? Friends of friends? Volunteering? Taking a course?
    mastermagican Posts: 66, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2010, 12:47 PM

they don't just come like that you need to get out there and get a talk going or go to the lunch room but NEVER jump in a random talk to make friends.
    Glove And Gavel Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Feb 25, 2010, 08:15 PM

I agree with the suggestions in this thread.
    Just to add: don't try to make friends. Try to be the best person you can be. If you do your best you will never be sorry. If you built it, they will come (law of attraction). This is often associated with attracting members of the opposite sex, but honestly, it works for everybody from potential employers to the football coach. Think of the process as marketing a product if that helps.

Good luck! Keep us posted on your progess!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2010, 10:21 AM

Organise an activity with some of your class mates?

It a good way to forge friendships outside the classroom.
    Lanichu Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Mar 17, 2010, 08:26 AM

I have to agree with everyone. Just be yourself!
    Maybe it's me, I have an outgoing personality, if I want to be friends with someone, I just walk up and say hi, rofl.

If you have any activates or hobbies, try joining clubs.
    I think those are the best 'ice breakers', because you'll have at least one thing in common with the person in the club/class!

Like someone mentioned, don't force yourself to make friends. Just have fun and go with the flow.
    Lanichu Posts: 19, Reputation: 4

Mar 17, 2010, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermagican View Post
    they dont just come like that you need to get out there and get a talk going or go to the lunch room but NEVER jump in a random talk to make friends.
    I jump in a random talk and I make friends that way. :[
    It works for SOME people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make friends [ 10 Answers ]

I'm not that outgoing and I don't have a lot of friends I have two things to ask ansers for number one how to be more out going and how to get fwiends

I can't make new friends [ 3 Answers ]

OK ill give you a bit of a background before I get started (sorry if this is long) I'm an 18 year old male in england. I am from a single parent family, I'm an only child, dad left me before being born, step dad beat me around the age of 5 and I now have a new step dad who I consider my dad. Ive...

How do I make friends? [ 2 Answers ]

I have friends but I don't have enough friends at my school and I hate my school allot and it's really hard for me to make friends because I am really shy around new people and I don't really talk.I feel really stupid asking this question.Most of my friends I have were online @ the chat rooms.My...

How to make friends [ 13 Answers ]

What is a good way to make friends. I am shy when I first meet people. I am a 15 year old guy. When I do finally talk I act stupid a lot. I do not have any friends really because I use to have to drive a hour to school every day. My mom was always late so I would never get home until 10:00pm every...

How do you make new friends? [ 11 Answers ]

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make new friends. Maybe it's a lack of 30 something's that live in my area but I've tried posting on a local website and all that got me was foreigners wanting more than friendship and 20 something year olds... how do you make new friends of your own age?...

View more questions Search