Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Carrenkids Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2010, 07:02 PM
    Does anyone know anything about a boudoir etching I have by Autry Victor?
    I have a boudoir etching that we picked up at a garage sale some years ago for like twenty bucks. It reminds me of an Icart. It is a Giclee of two women lounging on a sofa with a cat. Signed at lower right by what looks like Autry Victor, showing at upper right "copywrite 1934 by Camila Lucas NYC USA, and a triangle with the initial SLL in it and 200 written next to it at the lower left. It a lovely etching. I want to know what it worth?
    RobbJ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2010, 10:01 PM
    Don't know about the value, but I have #80 of a similar print. The artist name appears to perhaps be "Auty Fetor" Maybe "Auty Tetor"? I just recall this being in my family for years (since I was a kid at least) and according to my mother, it was with them for quite a few years before I first remember it. It is not exactly as you describe. One lady (on the right) is holding a book... No cat in my print.
    Carrenkids Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2010, 06:07 AM
    Thanks RobbJ. I did sell my print... to a gent in Venice, Italy. I sold on eBay for one hundred dollars. So I guess is was a good investment. It was beautiful though and my husband didn't want me to sell it, but I just needed to get rid of some stuff.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paul Emile Lecomte Etching from Paris Etching Society [ 2 Answers ]

I found an etching by Paul Emile Lecomte issued by the Paris Etching Society entitled "The Stream" and number 109 SLZ. I am not familiar with Etchings but I would assume that they are similar to limited editions. Is this of any value? Thank you

Translate the name Victor into Sanskrit [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. Can anyone help me translate the name VICTOR into sanskrit. Thanks

Victor Hugo [ 2 Answers ]

I just finished reading Victor Hugo's "Et Nox Facta Est" and I was wondering if anyone has read it. I reall enjoyed it but I need to pick a main theme to write a paper on for school. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Information on Paris etching society etching [ 1 Answers ]

Have a etching "Near Anneau In France" signed in pencil,I can not make out the name . On the back of the etching say genuine etching by"Philippe" distributed by Phillips toronto Ltd. My husband got mad at me for paying ten dollars for it the first year we were married. That was thrity three years...

View more questions Search