Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    norysue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 01:39 PM
    1994 toyota camry warning lights
    What does the little car with lines coming from the back of it mean?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2010, 01:46 PM

If they are squiggly lines, it may be anti-lock brake system--however, I'm just guessing.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 08:29 PM

You have a brake or tail light out. Good guess anyway, tx.
    Try this: Don't even start the car, just have the key on so the other dash light are on.
    Now step on the brake. If the icon illuminated when doing that, it's a brake light issue.
    If it didn't come on, then turn on your headlights to see if it lights up then.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2010, 08:53 PM

It's either "traction active" or a "Light out". Traction active only comes on "briefly" . The light one will be on all the time until fixed. The "lic plate" lamp seems to be the first to go.

Remember, if your driving in snow or rain turn traction control OFF.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toyota camry 94 warning lights [ 9 Answers ]

Kindly assist me to know the meanings of an Icon that look like engine oil icon, but it has a zig -zag line underneath at the fuel indicator side, also the meaning of Icon that look like camerathat appears under the ABS writing in camry 94 model

1994 Toyota Camry Oil Pressure [ 6 Answers ]

The oil pressure light is on for my 1994 Toyota Camry LE - 4-Cylinder engine, built in Japan. Oil is full, so I took it to my mechanic to get sensor replaced. Turns out oil pressure really is low. Mechanic suggested filter screen in oil pan was clogged or oil pump was bad. Both repairs are...

Loction of the Knock Sensor on 1994 Toyota Camry [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the head gasket on a 1994 Toyota Camry 4 cyl and now get a Check Engin code 52 which is a Knock Sensor indication. I cannot find the Knock Sensor. Can you explain where it is?

1994 toyota camry 4 cylinder [ 1 Answers ]

How to bypass a/c compressor to altenator on 1994 toyota camry 4 cylinder

What are possible causes for overheating 1994 Toyota Camry V6 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My Camry started to overheat a few days ago when sitting in traffic or moving at low speeds and as well there is a loud 'whirring' sound (like an old Jeep) coming from the engine when it gets hot. Travelling at highway speeds it appears fine and doesn't overheat. Coolant had been low...

View more questions Search