Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstbreal4me Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2010, 10:07 AM
    My girlfriend stayed the weekend with her ex, said she needed closure. What do I do?
    She said she needed closure, and to know she was ready to move on with me. He said he would only move on and leave her alone, if she gave him a second chance. Am I just stupid or what? I am at home puking my guts up so worried while she is off with her ex for the weekend. She calls and texts pretty regular, and tells me not to worry. Say's she loves me, and that she misses me so much. I can't help but feel like a fool. Anybody in the same boat, and can you give me any advice?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 10:18 AM

A breakup is just that,a breakup.. you don't need a weekend to have a brief conversation...

How long does it take to say,its over,I've moved on... certainly not a weekend.

Its too late to say you have a problem with this,you just have to trust her.

But from my point of view,if an ex asked to spend the weekend with me and I was with someone else,ill tell them to go to hell.

I would feel it's a little disrespectful to you.

From your post I'm going to guess he has another agenda for seeing her.

Can I ask how long ago did they split up,and how long you have been together?
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 10:19 AM

This is an odd situation. She should have had closure before even getting involved with you.
    In any case, if she wants to be with you as she says, then you need to stick out the nausea and trust in her when she returns that she is done with him.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 10:22 AM

I don't understand the reason for a weekend away to have a conversation saying that she's got a new man in her life. It doesn't sound like she considered your feelings much when deciding to see him. How long have you been dating her? Just doesn't sound like a solid way to get your relationship started.

And personally, I don't care if she is calling/texting, it still seems inconsiderate to go shack up with her ex for a weekend. That'd have me reevaluating the relationship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 10:37 AM
    I would honestly never put up with this type of behavior, NEVER!! There just ain't that much love in the world to accept a partner spending a week end with an ex, for any reason! Sorry, but if closure takes a weekend together, you got the wrong guy waiting for you Monday. That's what I would have told her, and then disappeared from her life.

Talaniman Rule-Never, And I do mean NEVER do you get involved with someone that still is involved with an ex.

Talaniman Rule-If it smells like crap, don't step in it.

Talaniman Rule- If its bad behavior, don't do it, or put up with it.

Talaniman Rule- Accepting bad behavior, will bring more bad behavior, so don't accept it in the first place.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 10:46 AM

That is how I would be, talaniman.
    Some people or different in the way they handle things.
    Since this guy is even asking what he should do, it suggests that he would stick around.

Feb 7, 2010, 11:14 AM
    We have been together for about 4 months and she was very fresh out of the relationship he was attempting to cheat on her if he did or not who knows but he was texting another woman and planning it out. Well 2 months later she finally forces him to move out because of me she had been telling him to leave and packed his things for him but he just would not leave supposedly.at least that's what I am told. And I believe her she is a very good woman and an awesome mother she just doesn't want to hurt him. But he brought this on himself and she is hurting me by catering to his feelings. He says he is going to kill himself and all this crazy stuff if she stays with me and she falls for his BS. I know she cares about him and his wellbeing but I just don't know how to continue to support her and stand by her without stressing and worrying and not to mention getting angry.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 11:17 AM

She's supporting him and you're supporting her?
    You don't have to support someone in something you don't believe in.
    It's your call.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 11:25 AM

Have you considered the possibility that you are the rebound guy?

I may be totally off base here,but there was no break after the last relationship,which looks like it not really over.

I'm sure she s great,but she has a lot going on right now and you're the middle guy not THE GUY.

Feb 7, 2010, 11:29 AM

Well I mean he was not even in the picture for 2 months until he found out about me now she is the love of his life and she says she loves him but she is not in love with him and I stay with her some through the week I mean we have a great relationship until he pops up while I am at work and feeds her head full of bs and then she has doubts about us

Feb 7, 2010, 11:31 AM
    She claims this weekend is just so he will leave her alone
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 11:34 AM
    You said she was texting you not to worry. Now she has doubts about you.
    Please, do yourself a favor and avoid an awful lot of heartache. Move on. She may be moving backwards. And as said above, you are not that guy.
    She is causing you pain and possible leading this guy on too if that's not her intentions to be with him.
    You may both not be the guy. She is playing both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by jstbreal4me View Post
    she claims this weekend is just so he will leave her alone
    She is an overall dishonest person then. Game playing. Get out before it is too late.

Feb 7, 2010, 11:40 AM

So you don't think its possible that she is just trying to nicely make him leave her alone?
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 11:41 AM

She could have stood up for your relationship,she could have told him to go to hell,she didn't,she went and spent the weekend with him,however you dress it up,she is not committed to you,she is not over him.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 11:42 AM

She is leading him on which will make matters worse.
    I don't understand how people think lying to someone helps.

This just makes him think she wants to be with him in turn he won't leave her alone.

It's common sense, not rocket science.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jstbreal4me View Post
    so you dont think its possible that she is just trying to nicely make him leave her alone?
    no.

No reason why she needed a weekend to do it,if he was saying he was going to kill himself etc,the most she could have done is suggest a therapy,or tell his family.

You're the boyfriend,but she put his feelings above yours.

If she comes back and says that's that's,I bet he won't be happy,and still chase her,and she will need another conversation...

Can I ask,is this something you would do to her?

Feb 7, 2010, 11:52 AM

Hell no I wouldn't do it to her and we have discussed it but never the less I can't let go and just walk away I know its not right what she is doing but I know she is better than this she is a good woman I have known her for a long time and nobody can say anything bad about her till now. That is if they knew but they are not going to hear it from me that's why I am venting outside of my family and friend I just really needed yals non bias opinion and thank yal so much
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 11:57 AM

You have mine, dump her because she is not as good as you say, or your blind, or good at ignoring the obvious. She put him before you! That's a fact you cannot escape, and she had better options than spending a weekend with him.

Closure my azz!!
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 11:59 AM

Its up to you at the end of the day,all the opinions so far are just that.

But if hell no was your answer,why do you put up with it from her?

Why is she any different?

Because you love her and she's a good person.

The problem won't go away when she comes back,you need to talk to her and be honest about how you feel and how you felt about the weekend.

Feb 7, 2010, 12:05 PM

Well she just text and said she is on her way home and trust me I am going to do just that. She said if this didn't work then she would get a restraining order and block his number. Even though I think that's what should have happened to begin with

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

We are doing hotel and we would like to say thanks for our stayed guest,we just want [ 10 Answers ]

We are doing hotel and we would like to say thanks for our stayed guest,we just want to send the thank you letter thorough email to the check out guest

I stayed true, and she had sex [ 9 Answers ]

I was with this girl 2 years before she broke up with me with no explanation. Six months later, she came back to me saying she made the biggest mistake of her life. I agreed to get back with her granted she take the time to gain my trust back and prove nothing like this will ever happen again. Upon...

Has anyone every stayed in Pisciotta Italy? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, I am new to this group, and want to see if anyone has ever visited, or stayed in a b&b or hotel in the beautiful little town of pisciotta, italy? We will be flying into rome in October, and staying for 2-3 days, and Then moving on to other parts of italy. One of the places we had...

Divorced but stayed together [ 7 Answers ]

I was divorced in 1989 but we stayed together till last July 2007. Everything was in his name. We bought a house I put down 1/2 the down payment and always worked and raised the kids. He did nothing around the house. Never lifted a finger. I also put several large chunks of money from...

Stayed Less than 183 days in NJ on L1 [ 1 Answers ]

I stayed for less than 183 days in NJ on L1. I was in us from mid may 2007 till mid oct 2007. Presently I am in India. Do I need to file 1040 or 1040 NR? Will I be a part resident or Non-Resident for NJ? What is 1040 NR-EZ? Do I need to file it also?

View more questions Search