Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mattzhu03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 04:42 AM
    Kitchen sink drain blocked
    I have tried a snake with 75 feet. Although the snake went in completely (all 75 feet), the drain still is not open. Could you tell me what the problem might be? Since the kitchen roof vent is on the 2nd floor, I have not tried from the roof. The snake went into the kitchen wall pipe on the 1st floor. The whole 75 feet went in, but the drain is still not open. Where would the blockage may be? The drains in the bathtube and toilet room are all fine without any blockage. Thanks.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 05:21 AM

It is possible snake went up instead of down.

Chuck
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 09:15 PM

Hello Mattzhu,

I agree with Creahand that the snak may be gone up into the vent pipe, try it again if it goes all 75 feet go and check the vent pipe and you will see if the snke is up there, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blocked sink drain in my kitchin [ 2 Answers ]

My kitchin sink drain has been blocked. Water drains very slowly. I have used pump, hot water and sodium hydroxide for several times , but no obvious improvement has occur. Is there any other solution can be done on myself?

Blocked bath/sink drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I realize this question has probably been asked a 1000 times but my situation makes it a bit more unusual. I have an autistic daughter with a love of the bath but was forever flooding the house so I eventually completely blocked the bath in, stupidly in hindsight blocking all the...

Relocating Sink Drain/Vent to Dedicated Stack Serving Kitchen Sink & Dishwasher [ 3 Answers ]

I am relocating an upstairs vanity sink from one wall to another (also going from single to double bowl). Rather than relocate the drain and vent pipe, I am hoping that I can tie into a 1-1/2" copper vent pipe that is located right behind the vanities intended location. The copper vent pipe is from...

Blocked Kitchen Drain [ 1 Answers ]

It seems I have a blocked or VERY VERY slow moving drain in my kitchen. I have everything from using a plunger, to the heavy duty Drano Max, to a 15 foot snake, but nothing seems to work. :confused: The Drano Max combined with some aggressive plunging definitely loosened up some old crud from...

View more questions Search