Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cleggsta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2010, 04:54 PM
    1980s Kids / Family Movie - HELP!
    Im trying to find a couple of films that I can barely remember watching myself, both were on VHS cassette in the 80s when I was coming up.

The first one, I have no idea of name etc, I can just remember that there were diamonds hidden inside numerous small stuffed toys, and some young girls and guys in the film got hold of them - very little to go on! I seem to remember either a fairground, or carnival stalls, and I think these toys with the diamonds stashed in them were somewhere around thse stalls! ANyway, 2nd one is more important, yet probably even harder for someone to name!

The second one, again very vague memory of it. All I can remember is, in the film, a lad (or group of kids) would go down to this lake (it was in America, and was really dusty around there), and the water in the lake would start to bubble and something would start to come up out of the lake. It didn't come right out first few times, but at some point this thing lifts right up out of the lake...
    I seem to remember there being a metal frame, with a wheel at the top of it that spins and rattles in the wind - If I remember rightly, this thing would start rattling and spinning right before whatever it was in the lake started bubbling! Not a lot to go on, but I remember hiring this film several times when I was a child, but I have absolutely no idea what the film was! I just recall we all watched it over and over again as kids!

Please help, this has been driving me nuts for years!
    straydog Posts: 898, Reputation: 210
    Movie Expert

Feb 6, 2010, 05:07 PM

"...in the film, a lad (or group of kids) would go down to this lake (it was in America, and was really dusty around there), and the water in the lake would start to bubble and something would start to come up out of the lake. It didnt come right out first few times, but at some point this thing lifts right up out of the lake....
    I seem to remember there being a metal frame, with a wheel at the top of it that spins and rattles in the wind - If i remember rightly, this thing would start rattling and spinning right before whatever it was in the lake started bubbling! Not a lot to go on, but I remember hiring this film several times when I was a child, but I have absolutely no idea what the film was! I just recall we all watched it over and over again as kids!"

You're not the only one
    This movie inquiry must be
    One of the most common on
    Forums like these.

Try,.

Frog Dreaming
    a.k.a. The Go-Kids
    a.k.a. The Quest

--
    lee17 Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2010, 05:12 AM

Frog Dreaming is a 1986 Australian film starring Henry Thomas.

In the U.S. the film was called 'The Quest' and in the United Kingdom it was called 'The Go-Kids'.
    adolf_hilfiger Posts: 720, Reputation: 218

Feb 9, 2010, 01:20 AM
    The first movie sounds like Breaking All The Rules [1985].
    MovieMama Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2010, 12:45 PM
    The first one sounds like The Chipmunk Adventure

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1980s kids movie- underground clubhouse, skating, old man, training. What is it? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a kids movie from the 1980s, about a group of kids (there was at least one tomboyish girl) that had a secret underground clubhouse. (I believe they entered it through a sewer). They either skated or rode bikes, (I was really young, I can't remember). I think they had a battle...

Movie about foster kids two brothers and a sister that keep getting paced from family [ 1 Answers ]

Parents died in a bazar way there uncle took care of they and tried to get them killed on a rail track in a car its an awesome movie but I don't know the name.

Kids movie late 1970s to mid 1980s, fantasy film genre, know it? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the title of a specific kids movie about a young boy who lived in the city with relatives and ends up swept away to another place while trying to get his kite, I believe. The details are very hazy:mad: , but I definitely remember that he ended up going on a quest with another...

1980s movie for kids [ 1 Answers ]

1980s movie for kids adventor and sci-fi it was about a map of the galaxy and a little boy from the uk and a bunch of little people jumping threw time and stealing things

1980s kids christmas movie [ 5 Answers ]

OK, people keep on telling me I'm takling about toy story, but this film was NOT animated and I watched it when I was a little kid. I can only remember bits and pieces, something about a new toy for christmas for the kids that's under the tree, and all of the toys that these kids already have come...

View more questions Search