Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ncheels1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2010, 02:45 PM
    Rca victor radios
    I have an RCA Victor old radio with a model #JC61W solid state, it's a long radio like a boom box length, 200 watts, 120 volts. Could be a RJC61W, a input for phono on back, does say FM stereo on it, but it has to be old from the 40's or 50's... I know nothing about them at all, any help?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2010, 07:11 PM

Can you post a pic using "go advanced/manage attachments"?

"Solid state" didn't exist in the 40's and 50's which makes me believe it may be a reproduction.
    ncheels1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2010, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Can you post a pic using "go advanced/manage attachments"?

"Solid state" didn't exist in the 40's and 50's which makes me belive it may be a reproduction.
    I don't think it was a reproduction but it may have been from the early 60's, you are right, I did some research on solid state, so I'm thinking from the 60's at least
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2010, 05:51 PM

Here is a link to purchase the service manual for the radio. http://www.samswebsite.com/photofact...&Search=Search

RJ61W comes up as an RCA. If you purchase a Sam's service manual the year of the unit will be on the bottom of the pages. It's folder 894-6. The 6th manual in the folder.

I have a #1218 around and it's 1972 and #477 is 1947 so it's between those years.

When I was a kid I used to fix the old tube stuff and later solid state and tube auto radios.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1957 RCA Victor Record Player with original tag and booklets [ 5 Answers ]

I have a RCA Victor Record Player in a full size cabinet, which still is in working condition. Does anybody have any idea what the value may be? REG. NO J49754

1948 RCA Victor Radio [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can find the value of a 1948 RCA Victor Radio in good condition??

Rca to rca vs rca to s-video [ 3 Answers ]

My question is this. I now have my tv2 output on my Bell 9200 receiver connected with 50 ft of inexpensive rca to rca composite video cable to my second TV. The picture on my TV is acceptable but I am not completely satisfied.Would a high quality rca to rca cable or a high quality rca to s-video...

EVP and two-way radios [ 3 Answers ]

Can a ghost cause a voice activated transmitter to send a signal to a receiver ?

Hand-held radios [ 2 Answers ]

When I go for a walk I like to listen to the radio but I have trouble with headphones because I can't hear runners or pushbike coming behind me. I then tried a hand-held radio but the sound would fade when I changed direction of travel. Someone told me to try a digital radio but I don't know...

View more questions Search