Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daddio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 06:33 PM
    David
    I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 van and the heater blows out cold air only---along with this the engine revs up very high at idle. I feel these 2 problems are connected. Any advice as to what to check first
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2006, 06:55 PM
    The Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor and the Idle Air Control Valve may be affected by the problem with the heating system. Using a scanner, see if your truck is throwing any codes. Try and identify and fix the heater problem. After checking for any codes, disconnect the negative. Battery terminal for 20 seconds and reset the computer, making it relearn everything all over. This may help idling and even transmission shift points.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 22, 2006, 06:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by daddio
    I have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 van and the heater blows out cold air only---along with this the engine revs up very high at idle. I feel these 2 problems are connected. any advice as to what to check first
    Understand I am not a mechanic, but first thing I'd do is check the quality of the coolant in the raditor, perhaps you have had a radiator leak in the past and tried to stop it by using something like "Stop LeaK" and this gummed up the radiator and possibly whatever lines might run by the heater.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jason vs. David [ 5 Answers ]

When he left I cried for months.. and I still cry and I have a boyfriend and he knows how I feel about jason because he was his friend and in the summer jason told me "I dont love you, anymore" and when I asked him recently he denies it and he sounded so.. serious and he knows that's my worst fear...

Cousin David [ 3 Answers ]

Something my dad was telling me the other day made me think of this. I had a favorite cousin named David wood Jr. He wasn't my blood cousin but that did not matter to me. In 1998 David committed suicide. Everyone was torn up by this. My dad told me there were things going on in his family that we...

View more questions Search