Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markhamk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 06:10 PM
    Asbestos siding
    I just purchased an asbestos siding old farmhouse and would like to move it a quarter of a mile down the road to my farm and do extensive remodeling on it. I was wondering if it was safe to move.
    AngelicParadox Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Gee... thats an interesting question. I know this post was posted a few months ago, but would like to know how you did it and what you had to go through!

I am about to purchase my mothers old house which has asbestos siding and am wondering how much it will cost to remove or side over the current siding. I do know that you have to have certified contractors to work around the asbestos materials. Again, would love to know if you found out anything. Sorry I was no help... just curios here lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Asbestos in popcorn ceiling? [ 9 Answers ]

Wife wants me to remove popcorn ceiling from our 1956 ranch. Have heard that from this era it may contain asbestos. Have worked with all sorts of nasty stuff and I know usually dangers with stuff like this is usually repeated, long term exposure. Breathe in enough sand or grain dust over time...

Asbestos floor tile [ 1 Answers ]

I have the 8x8 asbestos floor tile in my basement. I want to install new vinyl tile. What is the best way to do this? My thought is to put down a thin layer of durrock over the existing tile and then installing the new vinyl on top of that. How should I secure the durrock to the old vinyl...

Asbestos siding removal/covering [ 5 Answers ]

I have just purchased a home in Norfolk VA that has asbestos siding. I would like to find out if I can remove it, and replace with Certianteed siding panels, or can I place the panels directly on top of the original asbestos.

Need Help on Fraudulant Will and Asbestos Litigation for my Father [ 2 Answers ]

I need some guidance. I believe that my mother has swindled my brother and I out of benefits if my Father’s Life Insurance and now an asbestos litigation. My father died 6 years ago from Asbestos cancer. My mother did not show us or send us copies of the will. She said that there was no life...

Asbestos? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm looking into replacing my wood siding on my house (Chicago)that was built in 1956. I was going to strip off the old and put some new siding up BUT on further inspection I noticed a drywall type insulation between the plywood and the siding. It's about a 1/2 in thick and it looks like drywall...

View more questions Search