Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2010, 02:13 AM
    Snow pics
    Found this. It's a good collection of pics of the Nor'easter snow storm.

iSee: The Best Snowstorm Pix | NBC Washington

Enjoy.

There are bound to be more pics. The rate of snow falling in my area is supposed to range from 1 to 3 inches an hour.

18-24" of snow is expected in the US capitol.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 06:26 AM

Over the course of the last 48 hrs snow forcasts in my area of NY went down from est. 8" to 1-2" . As of 8:30 AM we have not seen a flake. I was really looking forward to this one . I have unused this year snow shoes hanging in my shed .
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 06:51 AM

So far since Christmas weekend I've been through the great Oklahoma blizzard, and here in Texas probably 2-3 feet of snow. We had a foot last week and another 6 inches on Thursday with more expected tomorrow or Monday. I'm ready for some global warming. Oh wait, that's why we're having such a cold, snowy winter they say.

Here's a little something from my yard...
    Attached Images

Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2010, 07:20 AM

I find it beautiful speechless! :)

Oh, and KISS, those photos are really nice. The special effects of the sun rays make the snow seem like sand... in the first one. Others... hmm! :rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 07:33 AM

Thanks unknown, if only I could have posted it in a higher resolution. The sun glistening on those icy branches was beautiful.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 6, 2010, 07:50 AM

Ok, when are you going to get it right? Its NOT snow. Its very cold ashs left over from global warming. Sheesh peoples.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 08:04 AM
    By the way, after all these years of plowing snow, this is how our city handles it (via stormfax.com):
    Attached Images

Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 6, 2010, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    By the way, after all these years of plowing snow, this is how our city handles it (via stormfax.com):
    Are those Stimulus jobs, speech?
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 12:21 PM

No, just our brilliant street dept at work
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 6, 2010, 12:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    No, just our brilliant street dept at work
    Looks like shovel ready to me ?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 6, 2010, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Looks like shovel ready to me ?
    Ouch!
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2010, 03:49 PM

Looks like the snow plow guy that works my neighborhood. He piled snow at the end of my driveway in 5' piles like he did last year and the year before that. It took me 2 hours today to dig out my driveway from this jerk. I think the next serious snowstowm that comes my way I'm going to greet this jerk with a nasty surprise so he stops doing this. I'm an old lady. I guess this jerk gets his jollies this way. I usually just take my 4WD Jeep and run up and down the driveway but I can't with the 5' Great Wall of China at the end of the driveway to negotiate.

We got around 16" of snow in Ohio. Most of the morons out on Friday night got into accidents. The scanner was sure busy with all the accidents on the roadways. At one point after it really started to come down the police called the roadway crew to see where the plow trucks where. This was around 8PM. They were told that one guy will be on at 2AM! About an hour later a few plow drivers came out. We had a level 2 Friday night and all day Saturday as our roads were so bad. I just love all the budget cuts we've had here lately. We only have 2 deputies in 2 cars at any one time in our county due to budget cuts. Last year we ran out of road salt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snow thrower not throwing snow [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I need help, I have a murray snow blower, it runs, but snow stuck in chute and won't throw out, changed the belt , no luck, hope someone can help, thanks

Snow thrower doesn't throw snow [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new but I really enjoyed all the questions I have read so far. My spirit snow blower does not all the time throw snow. Sometimes it does throw snow and all of a sudden it stop to throw snow. There is no clog in the chute. Could any one help me please, the snow is now on the ground and...

Snow blower won't throw snow impeller works auger works new belt pushes up the chute [ 11 Answers ]

The impeller works the auger works put a new belt on the snow starts to come out the chute goes about six inches plugs no broken pin checked all I could

Snow blower not picking up snow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Noma 5.0 HP snow blower that is not working correctly. The shears are not turning and picking up the snow. I've checked the shear pins, but they seem to be in good condition. What else should I check? Thanks

Snow thrower not throwing snow?! [ 1 Answers ]

The other day I shear one of the shear pins on my snow thrower tines I had replaced but the tines are not moving at all. (I hit a cement step while clearing the snow of a neighboard's driveway) Could some one let me know where I should start looking at? I don't want to disassemble more than I don't...

View more questions Search