Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shadam23 Posts: 25, Reputation: 5

Feb 5, 2010, 08:26 PM
    Should I go back to study or stay home?
    I am a mother of three and have been working since out of high school, although I have tried to go back to school but always fail to complete my studies I guess I use the "my children getting sick during the winter excuse!" (but it is true) I would like to go back to University and finish but when I ask for advice a lot of people say I'm still young so I should just wait until the kids grow up! I turn 30 this year and that ain't very young at all! So I need some advice on whether I should go back to school or not?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 6, 2010, 11:22 AM
    Do you have a good support system in place? Do you have people who will take care of your children when they are sick? To go back to school you need this help. May I ask want to go to school for?

Feb 6, 2010, 08:05 PM

I do have my parents although they are working. I could discuss it with them! I want to go back to school as with the recession on my little family is struggling to make ends meet hence the reason for going back to school, I was thinking of waiting it out till next year for my 7 month old has been in and out of hospital since two weeks old and has been admitted 12 times into hospital!! This is the longest period tha she has stayed out of hospital, it's been over 2 months she's been in the clear thanks to the weather!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 6, 2010, 08:10 PM
    May I ask what is wrong with her? You don't have to tell me if you prefer not to. I'll understand.

What do you want to go to school for? This is posted under health care careers, there are just so many.

I went back to school at 38 to be an RN. Graduated at the age of 43. I have 4 children, 2 whom are grown and 2 still at home. It's hard, sometimes felt like it was impossible, but well worth every second.

Feb 6, 2010, 08:27 PM

Yes my daughter has had continuous reocurring bronchiolitis and I guess it was quite bad as she was born during the winter and it is quite common in NZ households I guess due to the dampness which is due to the weather! I plan to go back to school and finish my Bachelor in Pharmacy just to help out money wise and also finish my Bachelor! I just don't want go study and find that during this winter I have to pull out again just because the kids are sick!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 10:56 PM

Where is there father? I'm wondering, maybe you could take night classes so that if they get sick he'll (I'm assuming he has a day job, if he's in the picture) be around to care for them? Or would summer classes be an option for you? If your children mostly only gt sick in the winter.

Feb 7, 2010, 02:00 AM

We just recently got back together and he job requires him to work rotational shifts every week. So it makes it quite hard to work around.
    The classes are from March to November. Do youhave any other advice?
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 02:07 AM

How about a parttime evening studies?

It might take a little longer,but when the children are a little older,perhaps you could go full time.

Home study courses,you can send your assignments in via email to the tutors.

I too went back to study,it was hard and I'm still in the process,the commitment is hard plus housewrok,relationship and children.

Sit down,and research all the options available to you.

As far as I'm concerned,your never to old to go back to education.

Feb 12, 2010, 10:21 PM
    Thank you all for the great advice!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How old is old enough to stay home alone? [ 12 Answers ]

I have a question regarding my 7 year old son (1st grader)... occasionally my husband picks him up after school and then leaves him home alone for a couple of hours so he can go back to work to finish a job. He is a business owner and sometimes it's crucial he gets back to finish something. He...

What do I need to do for a home study? [ 2 Answers ]

This will hopefully be a slam dunk for us in comparison to my ex's house, but I need to make sure. Please tell me everything they will be looking for! Also, are they going to talk to my other children? I have a 6 yr old who tells stories like you wouldn't believe!

Seton Home Study School [ 8 Answers ]

This is a Catholic Home School course. I am trying to find out as much about them as can. I have went over almost every line on every page on their site and all of the links. I am trying to find someone that has perhaps had experience with them or know people that have used them.

Should I go or stay back for a while [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I have a concern and wondering if anyone can help me out. This Saturday coming up my boyfriends family is having a bbq and my boyfriend has invited me to attend. That's fine but I have not talked to any of them since November. They dislike me because my boyfriend and I had gotten into a...

Adoption home study process? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi can anyone tell me about the adoption home study what sort of questions will we be asked and how long does it all take we live in nottingham in england x

View more questions Search