Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2010, 06:43 PM
    What a dufus!
    Bush truly has a successor now, Obama is officially the new Dufus-in-chief. Last week he had another bowing incident.

So far this week, he's told us that "every economist" insists he's saved or created 2 million jobs.

At yesterday's prayer breakfast our Harvard educated dufus saluted two Navy "corpse-men." Or did someone just mistype the phonetic pronunciation in TOTUS?

Last night at a Democratic National Committee fundraiser, he saluted a woman whose name he forgot who wanted to be buried in an Obama t-shirt.

Are you kidding me? Has anyone on the planet been more consumed with himself than this Dufus-in-chief?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 5, 2010, 06:57 PM

As a former Marine Force Recon Corpsman, this confirms my suspicions about our Gangster-in-Chief. If it isn't about him it isn't important.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 07:03 AM
    Did you see his collective thowing the Senate Democrats under the bus meeting this week ?

Amazing stuff !

Blanche Lincoln called him out for drifting too far left ;and suggested that for the electoral survival they should moderate their agenda.

His reply...

If the price of certainty is essentially for us to adopt the exact same proposals that were in place for eight years leading up to the biggest economic crisis since the Great Depression -- we don't tinker with health care, let the insurance companies do what they want, we don't put in place any insurance reforms, we don't mess with the banks, let them keep on doing what they're doing now because we don't want to stir up Wall Street -- the result is going to be the same. I don't know why we would expect a different outcome pursuing the exact same policy that got us into this fix in the first place.
    But the president is not only against a centrist shift on policy grounds; he also thinks it is a political loser: ........

If our response ends up being, you know, because we don't want to -- we don't want to stir things up here, we're just going to do the same thing that was being done before, then I don't know what differentiates us from the other guys. And I don't know why people would say, boy, we really want to make sure that those Democrats are in Washington fighting for us.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_447697.html

The narrative has now changed .It used to be that the Bush policies were idiologically extreme right. Now ;a call to centralism is called the failed policies of the past. He will continuously persue his agenda regardless if his caucus goes down in flames .

The President recently brought one of his faithful,David Plouffe into the White House staff as a political advisor . Last month Ploffe wrote in the wake of the Scott Brown victory that there was not a failure of agenda ,but a failure to pass the agenda .
    washingtonpost.com

if we do not pass it, the GOP will continue attacking the plan as if we did anyway, and voters will have no ability to measure its upside. If we do pass it, dozens of protections and benefits take effect this year
    If dufus defines one who is so ideologically committed that they are tone deaf to reality then the President is indeed one.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2010, 07:14 AM
    Unfortunately, we need to wait until Jan 20th 2013 to potentially be rid of this clown.

Keeping my fingers, and legs, crossed, Hoping for Change, and he does something impeachable, if this country can survive until then.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Did you see his collective thowing the Senate Democrats under the bus meeting this week ?

Amazing stuff !

Blanche Lincoln called him out for drifting too far left ;and suggested that for the electoral survival they should moderate their agenda.
    Franken even ripped into the administration over his lack of leadership. Which leads us to...

If dufus defines one who is so ideologically committed that they are tone deaf to reality then the President is indeed one.
    That's exactly where the Dems are because, as has been noted many, many times, we're too stupid and don't know what's best for us. Krauthammer put it this way:

This being a democracy, don't the Democrats see that clinging to this agenda will march them over a cliff? Don't they understand Massachusetts?

Well, they understand it through a prism of two cherished axioms: (1) The people are stupid and (2) Republicans are bad. Result? The dim, led by the malicious, vote incorrectly.
    And that's where we are now, really, really smart people pressing on to give us dumb peasants what they know we need.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 07:33 AM
    Tkrussell

Love the avatar . I'm a Floyd fan.

You will appreciate this .

Carly Fiorina Republican candidate for Senate in California did a web commercial attacking her primary opponent as being a 'Fiscal Conservative in Name only' . She used a Monte Python like video featuring sheep .
    YouTube - FCINO: Fiscal Conservative In Name Only

Well ,someone on Youtube improved it by using the graphics from the video and editting in a soundtrack from the classic Floyd song 'Sheep' from "Animals" .
    YouTube - FCINO Fiscal Conservative VS Pink Floyd

Harmlessly passing your time in the grassland away;
    Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air.
    You'd better watch out!
    There may be dogs about
    I looked over Jordan, and I've seen
    Things are not what they seem.

That's what you get for pretending the danger's not real.
    Meek and obedient you follow the leader
    Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel.
    What a surprise!
    A look of terminal shock in your eyes.
    Now things are really what they seem.
    No, this is not a bad dream.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 6, 2010, 07:48 AM

The sad part is. He could have been a good president. But instead he decided president wasn't good enough and he wanted to be ruler. His inexperience has shown through him like a beacon. My only hope is to turn over enough seats to make him a lame duck by the end of this year so he can't do any more harm. Carter had a majority to work with also and they turned on him too. Its about time they woke up. But then again they are worried about their "jobs" and not really about the people.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 07:49 AM
    Steve ;
    Yes he is becoming frustrated and according the Byron York ,he is also getting bored with the job.

Has Obama become bored with being president? | Washington Examiner

What drove Obama was not just ambition, although he is certainly ambitious. As he became frustrated in each job, Obama concluded that the problem was not having the power to do the things he wanted to do. So he sought a more powerful position.
    Today he is in the most powerful position in the world. Yet he has spent a year struggling, and failing, to enact far-reaching makeovers of the American economy. So now, even in the Oval Office, there are signs that the old dissatisfaction is creeping back in.
    At a Jan. 17 Martin Luther King Day event at Washington's Vermont Avenue Baptist Church, Obama brought up the fact that many people see him as almost preternaturally calm. "I have a confession to make," Obama said. "There are times I'm not so calm ... when progress seems too slow ... when it feels like all these efforts are for naught, and change is so painfully slow in coming, and I have to confront my own doubts."
    Obama said it to be inspirational, but the fact is, in the past, that's when he looked for a new job.
    A few days later, ABC's Diane Sawyer asked whether Obama would sometimes "sit and confront your own doubts."
    "Yes," the president said.
    "Ever in the middle of all that's coming did you think maybe one term is enough?" Sawyer asked.
    Obama answered haltingly. "You know, I -- I would say that when I -- the one thing I'm clear about is that I'd rather be a really good one-term president than a mediocre two-term president."
    Many observers have remarked that, even when dealing with the most momentous issues facing the country, Obama has seemed oddly removed from the hands-on work of making policy. Maybe they're noticing the same thing Harry Reid did. The president's dissatisfaction is shining through; perhaps he's not really cut out for -- or up to -- the job.
    In the State of the Union address, Obama declared, "I don't quit." And of course, there's no danger he would just up and quit the presidency. But throughout his life, his reaction to frustration has been to look for a bigger job. What does he do now?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2010, 07:52 AM
    Well done.

Living in Maine, we have a couple of RINO's, Snow and Collins.Although, they have been leaning somewhat conservative, lately. However, they can change like the wind.

We are keeping close eye on them, and keeping score.

As far as Floyd is concerned, and I apologize for going off topic, but I truly believe that they are often misunderstood, or ignored, as being a typical rock and roll band that makes weird music. Even caught the wife, a diehard 50"s fan, tapping her toe to Echoes and may other tunes. I exclaimed, "You got it, you finally get them!".
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 6, 2010, 07:58 AM
    Steve ;
    yes he is becoming frustrated and according the Byron York ,he is also getting bored with the job.

Has Obama become bored with being president? | Washington Examiner
    What strikes me most from this article is this sentence from it.

Quote:" Reid knew "Obama simply wasn't cut out to be a Senate lifer."

The arogance is scary. That position was never meant to be a lifetime appointment. Its no wonder nothing good comes from there.
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 08:01 AM

What does he do now? "I'm king of the world!"

galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Feb 6, 2010, 06:39 PM

When I heard his pronouncement that we should all turn off the cable news shows, there was a name that immediately flashed into my mind.

ARCHIE BUNKER!

You know. That line where Archie says to Edith, "Go stifle yourself."
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2010, 07:37 PM

You are ALL at this site and playing president!
    Excuse me? I thought the people who were in the game played the game.
    I think not.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tkrussell View Post
    As far as Floyd is concerned, and I apologize for going off topic, but I truly beleive that they are often misunderstood, or ignored, as being a typical rock and roll band that makes weird music. Even caught the wife, a diehard 50"s fan, tapping her toe to Echoes and may other tunes. I exclaimed, "You got it, you finally get them!".
    No prob, we always go of topic. I'm a huge Floyd fan as well, I remember listening to DSOTM on an 8-track quadraphonic system.
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    No prob, we always go of topic. I'm a huge Floyd fan as well, I remember listening to DSOTM on an 8-track quadraphonic system.
    I still have my first two vinyl copies. The cassette and the eight-track died. I'm still a little puzzeled by the commercial success of The Wall. Did the public finally "get it?" It's not their best work by a long stretch.

Wait, what was the topic?
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 08:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    I still have my first two vinyl copies. The cassette and the eight-track died. I'm still a little puzzeled by the commercial success of The Wall. Did the public finally "get it?" It's not their best work by a long stretch.
    I have the vinyls as well. In 1979 we were all so stoned it didn't matter if we got it, what stoner couldn't love Another Brick in the Wall and Comfortably Numb?

Wait, what was the topic?
    The Dufus, the guy who didn't bother to inform Spain he would skip the EU-US summit, they learned of it in the papers. The guy who rudely and incorrectly scolded the Supreme Court in his SOTU address. The guy hosting a super-bipartisan Super Bowl party with one Republican guest. The guy who said the "Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." The guy who didn’t get enough public face time to explain himself to us rubes. To which I say...

We don't need no education
    We don't need no thought control
    No dark sarcasm in the classroom
    Teacher leave them kids alone
    Hey! Teacher! Leave them kids alone
    All in all it's just another brick in the wall.
    All in all you're just another brick in the wall.
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 11:20 AM

The guy who didn't bother to inform Spain he would skip the EU-US summit
    Didn't he sell himself during the campaign as the man who could heal our damaged relations with our allies ? Wasn't he going to usher in the end of 'cowboy diplomacy'?

This is particularly funny when you consider the President and Spain's PM Zapatero would seem to be on the same page ideologically .

Every EU summit has been attended by the US President since 1993. But now the compliant press is saying the summit is really not worth the President attending .
    PostPartisan - Obama's right to skip U.S.-EU summit

Or that it is Europe's fault for Obama's snub.
    Charles Bremner - Times Online - WBLG: Europe to blame for Obama's cold shoulder

Or even better... he is doing the europeans a favor!!
    Op-Ed Contributor - Thank You, President Obama - NYTimes.com

It will be the prompt needed for them to get their act together. You see;when Bush was in office it was vital that we filtered all our policies through the European prism of approval . But now the President Obama is in... they really aren't all that important strategically .
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2010, 11:27 AM

By the way ,nothing wrong with 'The Wall' that couldn't be fixed by condensing it onto a single album. But I say that about the Beatles 'White album' also.
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 11:30 AM
    btw ,nothing wrong with 'The Wall' that couldn't be fixed by condensing it onto a single album. But I say that about the Beatles 'White album' also.
    I didn't say it wasn't good. It just wasn't their best. Of course I'm one of those weirdoes that thought Meddle was better than DSOTM
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2010, 09:22 AM
    Yesterday, in the middle of Snowmageddon, when federal offices were shut down due to the blizzard, the Dufus' NOAA announced a new bureaucracy to help us with climate change.

As D.C. continued to dig out from Snowmageddon and is keeping an eye on another storm system, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration was busy making a climate change announcement.

NOAA, part of the Department of Commerce, is going to be providing information to individuals and decision-makers through a new NOAA Climate Service office. “More and more, Americans are witnessing the impacts of climate change in their own backyards, including sea-level rise, longer growing seasons, changes in river flows, increases in heavy downpours, earlier snowmelt and extended ice-free seasons in our waters. People are searching for relevant and timely information about these changes to inform decision-making about virtually all aspects of their lives,” the release says.

Earlier snowmelt? That would be nice.
    Oh the irony. The Gore Effect knows no bounds, lol.

Meanwhile, someone has sponsored an interesting billboard in Minnesota:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The dufus - again [ 5 Answers ]

Hello: Seventeen Gitmo detainees will be released on Friday INSIDE the US. The Federal judge said, "I think the moment has arrived for the courts to shine the light of constitutionality on the reasons for the detention." The Constitution?? What's that, Bush asks. "If they're released, it...

The dufus and Obama [ 10 Answers ]

Hello: Future President Obama, during the debates, said he would attack Al Qaeda INSIDE Pakistan... He was derided by the right for that policy. They kept saying that Pakistan is our ally and they're a sovereign nation... But, guess what?? Yup, the dufus in chief sent our forces into...

The Dufus [ 26 Answers ]

Hello: I don't know. You righty's thought the dufus in chief would be a wonderful president too, didn't you? I don't think there's too many of you who still think that. Well, maybe Galviston does. He's losing in Afghanistan. He lost Pakistan. He's losing in Iraq. He lost Georgia and the...

The Dufus in Chief [ 9 Answers ]

Hello: What's worse, a tax and spend Democrat or a borrow and spend Republican? To me, and I don't know much, it seems that if you're going to spend, paying for it is better than borrowing for it. But, that's just me. To me, NOT spending is better. Of course, the dufus in chief borrowed....

The Dufus in Chief [ 8 Answers ]

Hello: Thank goodness for George W. Bush. He's a wonderful man. He did a good thing. I changed my mind about him. I will forever be a supporter. He's actually NOT wonderful, but what happened WAS wonderful. And this wonderful thing didn't happen because George DID something wonderful...

View more questions Search