Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xliu63 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 05:04 PM
    Whirlpool Dryer loud noise, found problem, need solution
    Hi,

I posted a question regarding whirlpool dryer (GEW9868KQ0) noise and have not yet received answer.

I just opened the dryer up and found the problem. The motor was not fixed. When motor started, the belt would pull the motor out of its seat, the fan attached to the moter would touch the metal duct and caused the huge noise.

My question is that should the motor be free standing or it should be fixed? I did not see any bracket or screws fixed the motor.

Thanks for your help. Happy Thanksgiving.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 25, 2006, 09:24 AM
    I would say the motor should be secured. I have seen a few motors that allow for a little release in tension from time to time, but if its hitting something and causing a racket, then it obviously isn't working properly and it needs to be secured.
    xliu63 Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xliu63
    Hi,

I posted a question regarding whirlpool dryer (GEW9868KQ0) noise and have not yet received answer.

I just opened the dryer up and found the problem. The motor was not fixed. When motor started, the belt would pull the motor out of its seat, the fan attached to the moter would touch the metal duct and caused the huge noise.

My question is that should the motor be free standing or it should be fixed? I did not see any bracket or screws fixed the motor.

Thanks for your help. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Just want to conclude my own question,

The metal clip that secured the motor fell off apparently during my move. After took everything apart, I found the clip, put it back and all problem disappeared.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Whirlpool Dryer Problem [ 6 Answers ]

I recently purchase a new Whirlpool washer and dryer. 1. Upon delivery the dryer wouldn’t start at all. I checked the outlet and dryer connection with a volt meter and both showed 220v so the delivery person said it was a bad dryer and took it back. 2. Upon the next delivery the dryer ran for...

Whirlpool Electric Dryer Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool electric dryer model# LEC8858EQ1. It seems to work fine except often it does not fully dry the clothes. I have check and cleaned all lint from the screens, back and the vent going outside so that is not the problem. I just replaced the two thermostats and that did not fix the...

Whirlpool dryer-noise problem [ 3 Answers ]

My 2 1/2 year old whirlpool dryer just started making a humming sound. My husband was trying to dry some old tennis shoes when it kept opening the dryer door. After his third attempt, it started to make this humming sound. It seems to be working. I have not dryed anything because I am not sure...

View more questions Search