Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bruce mak Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2010, 04:31 PM
    If you put a deposit down for a used car can you cancell the next day
    If I put a deposit down on a used car with a used car dealership. Can I cancell the next day?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2010, 05:21 PM

When I bought my car I do remember something about the dealer saying I had a certain window of time that I could change my mind. But I think he also said that it was a specific California law. What state are you in?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2010, 07:10 PM

Several stats have the 48 hour law, meaning that you have that length of time to make sure that you do want to go through with the purchase, but I am sure there are some catches in it somewhere.
    silly-billy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2010, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    when i bought my car i do remember something about the dealer saying i had a certain window of time that i could change my mind. but i think he also said that it was a specific california law. what state are you in?
    It is in WA state, in Spokane. We signed the Contract on Friday, but changed the mind on Saturday, and the dealership say they can't do it!
    We haven't even put down a deposit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 21, 2010, 08:02 AM

You can always back out of the contract, you merely lose the deposit, some states allow a time frame to change your mind prior to receiving the car.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car accident -driver in front put her car in reverse and smashed me [ 2 Answers ]

I was sitting in my car at a red light. Traffic was heavy-ish. Suddenly- very suddenly and out of nowhere my car and the car in front of me collided with an enormous impact. I was stunned. I was shocked and confused. Prior to impact my car was absolutely stationary! My chest area ( heart) ,...

Put Down Deposit - Gave apt. To someone else! [ 1 Answers ]

Myself and two roomates just found our dream apt in NYC. We met with the realtor who had me pay $50 for a credit check and had us pay the full deposit for the apt of $1,700. I asked her if there was ANY possible way we would not get this apartment because we wanted to make sure it was safe to end...

Buyer denied financing within 30 day period. Have not put in writing. Deposit mine ? [ 2 Answers ]

Our buyer got denied financing of their FHA and conventional loan. They have not given us written notice in the 30 day time frame set by the contract. They want us to extend our contract t give them more time. Do we have a case to keep deposits ? If we sign the addendum. do you suggest we ask for...

Can I put a Lien on a house to get my deposit back? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a fire in my home last year. My insurance paid for me to live in another house, while my was being repaired. I lived in the house, without a lease, for 8 months. When I moved out, I left the place in the same condition as when I moved in, which wasn't the best. The floors, and windows...

View more questions Search