Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    panda0803 Posts: 21, Reputation: -1

Feb 5, 2010, 01:11 PM
    I'm an innocent sex offender. What should I do?
    I didn't commit the crime. I was just at the wrong place. I'm not the type to get in trouble. My family and friends don't put nothing against me. Right now I'm trying to get it off my record. I have a lawyer and he will file an appropriate release. My lawyer didn't help me out at all. I didn't know anything about the law. I was in an abusive relationship with guy I was with. I wasn't in a good situation. My lawyer told me to take the plea and my family did to. I felt like that was the right choice because you should listen to your family and lawyer. I also knew I had to get treatment for my disability. I think if I had a better lawyer and knew more about the law things would have been different. Now that I have a probation officer she wants me to tell her when I go out of the county. I haven't been lately and I haven't had no trouble. I have a gps tracker. Why should I tell her? What should I do ?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2010, 01:16 PM
    Hi, panda0803!

You were found guilty and convicted of a crime.

Is that correct?

Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2010, 01:16 PM

If it's on your record you either entered a plea or were found guilty.

You have an Attorney - follow his/her instructions. Don't complicate things by going off on some other path.

I think you have a problem because once you are labeled a sex offender it sticks with you - but perhaps your Attorney knows something I don't know.

If a condition of your probation is that you tell your PO where you are, I would do just that unless you want to go to jail for a violation.

Feb 5, 2010, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, panda0803!

You were found guilty and convicted of a crime.

Is that correct?

Thanks!
    I wasn't found guilty through a trial. I took the plea bargain. My lawyer didn't do anything for me and I didn't know anything about the law. I requested another lawyer through a letter. I didn't get anything. The court sees I'm guilty but in my family and friends eyes, I'm not. I have a lawyer to try to get it off me.

Feb 5, 2010, 01:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    If it's on youjr record you either entered a plea or were found guilty.

You have an Attorney - follow his/her instructions. Don't complicate things by going off on some other path.

I think you have a problem because once you are labeled a sex offender it sticks with you - but perhaps your Attorney knows something I don't know.

If a condition of your probation is that you tell your PO where you are, I would do just that unless you want to go to jail for a violation.
    My attorney didn't do anything for me to help my case. I was not found guilty. I don't have a problem. My attorney didn't explain what I could do since I was innocent. I know I have an attorney to get this off me. The reason I asked that question about going out of the county because I was hoping I could reach a lawyer.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2010, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by panda0803 View Post
    I wasn't found guilty through a trial. I took the plea bargain. My lawyer didn't do anything for me and I didn't know anything about the law. I requested another lawyer through a letter. I didn't get anything. The court sees I'm guilty but in my family and friends eyes, I'm not. I have a lawyer to try to get it off of me.

Unfortunately the only opinion that matters is that of the Court - your family/friends don't count.

Feb 5, 2010, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Unfortunately the only opinion that matters is that of the Court - your family/friends don't count.
    I know that sucks. I'm hoping the lawyer I have is a good lawyer. People these days can be mean and put this on u. I wouildn't do this to a child ever. I wasn't brought up like that. I always stayed to myself and did good in school.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2010, 01:47 PM
    What was the specific charge, panda0803?

Thanks!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2010, 01:49 PM

Did your previous attorney not explain the plea deal you were accepting? Did you ask for an explanation before you accepted it?

Feb 5, 2010, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    What was the specific charge, panda0803?

Thanks!
    I don't want to say. I'm innocent and that is all that matters to me. I was accused of this and has really messed things up for me.

Feb 5, 2010, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    did your previous attorney not explain the plea deal you were accepting? did you ask for an explanation before you accepted it?
    I asked my lawyer to explain things for me but didn't do a good job. He wouldn't come and talk to me or call me. He was a sorry lawyer.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2010, 02:02 PM

Panda, obviously you don't have to tell details. But keep in mind this is an anonymous site. We have no idea who you are. People will be able to help you more if they know more about what's going on.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2010, 02:52 PM

Having pled guilty whether you are innocent or guilty means that this is going to be almost impossible to reverse in court. If you have already been sentenced then it's a done deal and you're going to have to deal with your decision to have pled or not. You pled.

And as far as you having a GPS system you had better inform your PO if you intend on leaving the county or not as you can very easily be violated and sent to jail for the violation. This is nothing to take lightly by the way.

At this point you need to understand that you pled guilty. YOu had to say that you were guilty in open court for your plea to be entered. You obviously did or you would not be on probation now. The alternative would have been to go to trial and be found innocent but you chose to take a plea agreement instead so that you would not have risked going to jail.

Why are you so upset now? You were obviously not sentenced to a prison term but given probation instead. You had your choice and chose to take the no jail and probation route instead.

And as far as your lawyer explaining things to you - he obviously did or you would not have taken the plea agreement.

Just because you are now unhappy with your life doesn't mean that you can magically go back and now have a full blown trial as you are supposedly innocent of the crime. Doesn't happen that way in real life - maybe Hollywood or television - but never in real life.

And as far as you being in the wrong place, etc. I'm sorry, I don't buy that excuse either.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2010, 03:16 PM

I'm going to jump in here and add my two cents.

While it may not be something that you want to talk about, we do need to know what happened. It's hard to help you when we don't know what we're dealing with. We're not asking for details about what the alleged victim is claiming was done to him/her; we just want to know what you were originally charged with and what the charge was amended to that led you to agree to a plea bargain.

You keep saying that your original attorney didn't do a good job and that you "didn't" know anything about the law; were you appointed a public defender or did you actually hire the original lawyer?

You also stated that you were "in the wrong place" which indicates that a crime was going on and you happened to be present, which makes me wonder if you have been found guilty as party to said crime.
    babysaver Posts: 46, Reputation: 7

Feb 7, 2010, 08:18 AM

I have worked with sex offenders that if there is a storm, it sometimes knocks out the system that monitors their GPS. They were arrested both times that this happened. They were at home and the police were there within minutes once the system alerted them that their monitors were offline. You should tell your PO because you are a sex offender and you will have to continue to tell her till you get off probation.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 08:49 AM

If you are on a tracking system, that means you have done a farily serious crime, sorry you plead guilty so you are guilty by the eyes of the court.

And having worked in prison systems, almost all say they "did not do it" so honestly few people believe you if you are convicted or plead guilty.

Your attorney most likely saw the evidence and saw that while you did not feel you were guilty, it was legally guilty. For example if you were aware of illegal sexual things going on in your household and did not do something, you may be charged with that same crime. And be convicted.

So he may have gotten you a lot smaller sentence by having you plead guilty.

And you have to tell them where you are, and where you go, because that is the rule and law, and if you don't you will be in prison to serve your time.

Feb 10, 2010, 01:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    If you are on a tracking system, that means you have done a farily serious crime, sorry you plead guilty so you are guilty by the eyes of the court.

And having worked in prison systems, almost all say they "did not do it" so honestly few people beleive you if you are convicted or plead guilty.

Your attorney most likely saw the evidence and saw that while you did not feel you were guilty, it was legally guilty. For example if you were aware of illegal sexual things going on in your household and did not do something, you may be charged with that same crime. and be convicted.

So he may have gotten you a lot smaller sentence by having you plead guilty.

And you have to tell them where you are, and where you go, because that is the rule and law, and if you don't you will be in prison to serve your time.
    Listen, I'm honest and I would never commit a crime at all. I wouldn't. People that know me or just met me will say that I don't seem like the person that would do a crime at all. My lawyer should have done investigation on my case. I didn't do nothing. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. My lawyer didn't come to talk to me or call me at all. He didn't do no communication but one letter. I'm innocent and I will hold my innocence. I wasn't raised to be mean to people and disrespect them by committing a crime. I was raised to do what is right. I do what I can for people and I'm a very nice and kind person to people. I don't like to hurt people's feelings or be mean to them. I have been taken advantage of. My ex at the time was very abusive to me and liked to play mind games. I don't do that. I was in a bad situation.

Feb 10, 2010, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    panda, obviously you don't have to tell details. but keep in mind this is an anonymous site. we have no idea who you are. people will be able to help you more if they know more about what's going on.
    I'm not going too much detail but I do want people to know what I'm talking about.

Feb 10, 2010, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Having pled guilty whether or not you are innocent or guilty means that this is going to be almost impossible to reverse in court. If you have already been sentenced then it's a done deal and you're going to have to deal with your decision to have pled or not. You pled.

And as far as you having a GPS system you had better inform your PO if you intend on leaving the county or not as you can very easily be violated and sent to jail for the violation. This is nothing to take lightly by the way.

At this point you need to understand that you pled guilty. YOu had to say that you were guilty in open court for your plea to be entered. You obviously did or you would not be on probation now. The alternative would have been to go to trial and be found innocent but you chose to take a plea agreement instead so that you would not have risked going to jail.

Why are you so upset now? You were obviously not sentenced to a prison term but given probation instead. You had your choice and chose to take the no jail and probation route instead.

And as far as your lawyer explaining things to you - he obviously did or you would not have taken the plea agreement.

Just because you are now unhappy with your life doesn't mean that you can magically go back and now have a full blown trial as you are supposedly innocent of the crime. Doesn't happen that way in real life - maybe Hollywood or television - but never in real life.

And as far as you being in the wrong place, etc. I'm sorry, I don't buy that excuse either.
    In going to trial, I was afraid somehow they would have me to go to prison for something I didn't do. What I mean from being in the wrong place at the wrong time was that. One nothing ever happened, I didn't do nothing and I didn't see nothing happen. It was being put on me and nothing took place at all. I was afraid that if I went to trial, they would say something for me to go to prison. I was scared. When my lawyer sent me the letter, I wanted it explained. I had questions when he sent me that letter. I tried to send him letters of trying to help me. There was a lot of things I didn't understand of the law.

Feb 10, 2010, 01:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    I'm going to jump in here and add my two cents.

While it may not be something that you want to talk about, we do need to know what happened. It's hard to help you when we don't know what we're dealing with. We're not asking for details about what the alleged victim is claiming was done to him/her; we just want to know what you were originally charged with and what the charge was amended to that led you to agree to a plea bargain.

You keep saying that your original attorney didn't do a good job and that you "didn't" know anything about the law; were you appointed a public defender or did you actually hire the original lawyer?

You also stated that you were "in the wrong place" which indicates that a crime was going on and you happened to be present, which makes me wonder if you have been found guilty as party to said crime.
    Yes, I was in the wrong place. I believe if I didn't meet my ex, none of this wouild happen. Nothing happened. I couldn't afford a lawyer. It was court appointed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offender [ 5 Answers ]

My friend is a sex offender and he has a 10 year old son can he live with his son if he is considered a sex offender?

Sex offender [ 1 Answers ]

If you are a reg. sex offender for inticing a chold for indecient purposes can you be around children or computers in the state of Georgia?

Sex offender [ 12 Answers ]

I am in a very complicated situation; the father of my child is a registered sex offender and has served 10 yrs. He barely knew my son before his incarceration and now that he is back he wats to see my son. My son is now 13 yrs old and is not interested in seeing his father. His father persisted...

Innocent chatting no longer innocent [ 19 Answers ]

I started chatting with a guy online who said he was looking for a male or female friend to go out with that evening and from time to time. I could not make it that evening, but I informed him I would be free to go some other time. I informed him also that I was married and only looking for...

Sex offender [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ohio... My daughter is 18 and she met this guy who is 32 and it turns out he is a sexual offender... Is there an age limit or something I can do about it?? I heard that she has to be 21 is that only if he is on probation??

View more questions Search