Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 05:45 PM
    Too bad you can't go on the Steve Wilkos Show and take a polygraph test to prove your innocence. Your PO would have to permit you to fly to Connecticut to appear on his show. You need to watch this show, Panda, and you'll have your eyes opened wide when it comes to those men AND women who proclaim their innocence when it comes to child molesting. A lot of people who claimed to be innocent of any wrongdoing whatsoever (like you do) actually failed their tests. Did you ever have a lie detector test taken in this matter? If you can save 5 grand I'm sure you can save up enough money to have your own private lie detector test prove your innocence. YOu can try and convince me all you want by saying you'd never do anything like that, etc. but I was sure fooled several times when watching the "kindly folks" on the Steve Wilkos Show lie, lie and lie some more only to be found they flunked their tests and did actually do the child molesting. And the folks I thought were guilty were actually innocent and passed their tests!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2010, 06:58 PM

You may want to talk with a second attorney before you pay this one a lot of money.

Normally once you take a plea agreement, you can not appeal the verdict or even the sentence.

So I don't understand what an attorney is gong to do, it is not like you were found guility and can appeal a verdict of the court.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 12:31 AM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/crimin...nt-447619.html

2 innocent sex offenders that took plea deals and want to reverse everything?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2010, 06:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post

They may have convinced themselves they are innocent... but not anyone else. Repeating a lie enough times that they begin to believe it doesn't change reality. It's the definition of self delusion... not innocence
    panda0803 Posts: 21, Reputation: -1

Feb 16, 2010, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Proving your innocence at this pioint is far more difficult than them having to prove your guilt.

You plead guilty....at this point you have to prove you were innocent, not vice-versa. That is a far more difficult tak. Its not upon them to prove your guilt, thats assumed at this point. You never went to trial...remember.
    I know I didn't go to trial and I was told that it wasn't going to be easy. The lawyer is going to do some research and find out why the lawyer I had didn't do his job. Also to find out why the child that said I did something to him, why his examination was OK. He said that seemed odd to him. He also told me he is going to talk to witnesses that know me and know I wouldn't do anything like that. I'm also going to give him that witness that knew me as a child and knew my ex very well. I'm hoping he will state what kind of person he was to me and how he grew up, that he was a drug addict and how he stayed in trouble. I hope the witness and research will prove that I'm not a bad person. The lawyer wants to help me with my case and do his best to prove my innocence, this is what he told me.

Feb 16, 2010, 07:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Too bad you can't go on the Steve Wilkos Show and take a polygraph test to prove your innocence. Your PO would have to permit you to fly to Connecticut to appear on his show. You need to watch this show, Panda, and you'll have your eyes opened wide when it comes to those men AND women who proclaim their innocence when it comes to child molesting. A lot of people who claimed to be innocent of any wrongdoing whatsoever (like you do) actually failed their tests. Did you ever have a lie detector test taken in this matter? If you can save 5 grand I'm sure you can save up enough money to have your own private lie detector test prove your innocence. YOu can try and convince me all you want by saying you'd never do anything like that, etc. but I was sure fooled several times when watching the "kindly folks" on the Steve Wilkos Show lie, lie and lie some more only to be found they flunked their tests and did actually do the child molesting. And the folks I thought were guilty were actually innocent and passed their tests!!!
    First of all if you have a medical problem, I have already researched this, there is no need for you to take a lie detector test. It will mess the test up. One of the things you can have is anxiety and a neurological disorder. I have both. My anxiety can happen anytime even when I'm calm. It will make my hands shake and my heat beat faster. My neurological disorder deals with my cerebullum in my brain has shrunk. Your cerrebullum deals with arms and legs movements. It makes my hands shake, I walk like I'm limbing, my legs are stiff and weak, my legs hurt, and sometimes my arm gets weak and hurts. I have talked to a professional and they said it won't work.

Feb 16, 2010, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You may want to talk with a second attorney before you pay this one alot of money.

Normally once you take a plea agreement, you can not appeal the verdict or even the sentence.

So I don't understand what an attorney is gong to do, it is not like you were found guility and can appeal a verdict of the court.
    I have already talked to the lawyer twice over the phone. He wants to help me. He is from raleigh. The attorney wants to do research and talk to witnesses to find out what went wrong. He wants to talk to my old attorney and find out why he didn't help me with my case.

Feb 16, 2010, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post

I don't understand what you mean. I have a reason to reverse things. I'm innocent and my lawyer didn't help me like he was supposed to do.

Feb 16, 2010, 07:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    They may have convinced themselves they are innocent....but not anyone else. Repeating a lie enough times that they begin to believe it doesn't change reality. Its the definition of self delusion....not innocence
    I'M INNOCENT. I never did anything. NOTHING didn't happen at all. I'm not trying to convince myself of anything. I would NEVER DO ANYTHING bad to a child like that.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 07:44 AM
    We are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. Rather than being proven guilty, you plead guilty. If you were innocent, and you did nothing, then you should not have plead guilty.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2010, 07:45 AM

Quite honestly, the thread is completely off-track. I don't care anymore whether you did it or not; I hope for the child's sake that you didn't, but that's not what we're discussing here.

You asked if you need to tell your PO that you're leaving the county. The answer is yes. You asked why you had to tell her; the answer is because you were convicted of a crime, whether you did it or not, and this is part of your sentence.

If your new lawyer manages to get the charges dropped, then you're free to go wherever you want. But for now, you need to do what the court tells you to do. That's why it's called a plea bargain - you do what they want and in turn, they don't throw you in prison.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2010, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by panda0803 View Post
    First of all if you have a medical problem, I have already researched this, there is no need for you to take a lie detector test. It will mess the test up. One of the things you can have is anxiety and a neurological disorder. I have both. My anxiety can happen anytime even when I'm calm. It will make my hands shake and my heat beat faster. My neurological disorder deals with my cerebullum in my brain has shrunk. Your cerrebullum deals with arms and legs movements. It makes my hands shake, I walk like I'm limbing, my legs are stiff and weak, my legs hurt, and sometimes my arm gets weak and hurts. I have talked to a professional and they said it won't work.
    Have you talked to a professional about the voice stress analyzier that is also another form of lie detector? This is used just as much as the polygraph where you are hooked up to a machine. This vioce stress analyzier has been around since the 1970's and is quite accurate also.

I understand your disease is neurologic, but your voice would have absolutely nothing to do with the other test whether you fail or pass it due to your disease or anxiety. A friend of a friend was the inventor of this machine, Charles McQuiston, who was with Army Intelligence. The proper name is PSE.

Sorry, you can't cop out due to your "disorder" on this test. Nice try.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2010, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Have you talked to a professional about the voice stress analyzier that is also another form of lie detector? This is used just as much as the polygraph where you are hooked up to a machine. This vioce stress analyzier has been around since the 1970's and is quite accurate also.

I understand your disease is neurologic, but your voice would have absolutely nothing to do with the other test whether you fail or pass it due to your disease or anxiety. A friend of a friend was the inventor of this machine, Charles McQuiston, who was with Army Intelligence. The proper name is PSE.

Sorry, you can't cop out due to your "disorder" on this test. Nice try.
    Time for a defense was at the trial... BEFORE taking a plea deal admitting guilt.
    Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 06:53 PM

You seem not to get it , Even if the victim came back and said on TV that you did not do it, it would still be hard to get the sentence reversed, most states are very clear that there are only some reasons for an appeal, and even time frame to file, and being innocent is actually not a reason to ask for an appeal. It has to be on procedure. A person who confesses, makes it even harder to ever appeal.

And for many attorneys, if they think there is enough evidence to convict, working a good plea is "doing thier job" almost 3 out of 4 criminal cases end up with a plea agreement.

I am afraid that a new attorney is just there to take your money knowing there is nothing they can do. I would hate to see you feel cheated by your first choice, only to make a bad second one.

As long as you know that there is almost no chance at all, that the new attorney can do anything,

I just wish you would talk this over with another attorney before you pay a lot of money to anyone
    Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 06:53 PM

And since this thread is going no where, really off track from where it started, closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offender [ 5 Answers ]

My friend is a sex offender and he has a 10 year old son can he live with his son if he is considered a sex offender?

Sex offender [ 1 Answers ]

If you are a reg. sex offender for inticing a chold for indecient purposes can you be around children or computers in the state of Georgia?

Sex offender [ 12 Answers ]

I am in a very complicated situation; the father of my child is a registered sex offender and has served 10 yrs. He barely knew my son before his incarceration and now that he is back he wats to see my son. My son is now 13 yrs old and is not interested in seeing his father. His father persisted...

Innocent chatting no longer innocent [ 19 Answers ]

I started chatting with a guy online who said he was looking for a male or female friend to go out with that evening and from time to time. I could not make it that evening, but I informed him I would be free to go some other time. I informed him also that I was married and only looking for...

Sex offender [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ohio... My daughter is 18 and she met this guy who is 32 and it turns out he is a sexual offender... Is there an age limit or something I can do about it?? I heard that she has to be 21 is that only if he is on probation??

View more questions Search