Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    panda0803 Posts: 21, Reputation: -1

Feb 10, 2010, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babysaver View Post
    I have worked with sex offenders that if there is a storm, it sometimes knocks out the system that monitors their GPS. They was arrested both times that this happened. They were at home and the police were there within minutes once the system alerted them that their monitors were offline. You should tell your PO because you are a sex offender and you will have to continue to tell her till you get off probation.
    I understand. Im not going to do anything wrong. I'm a great person. I don't make trouble.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2010, 02:05 PM

I still have no idea what you are talking about. And I'd bet that no one else will either. That's fine if you don't want to tell people what you were convicted of. But you can't expect anyone to be able to help you when you won't tell them what happened. I can't just say "i hurt myself. what do it do?" and then not tell people what hurts or what happened and still expect a lot of helpful advice. Just like you can't tell us you were convicted of a crime and expect people to tell you what you should do next. It doesn't matter how great of a person you are to those who know you, it matters what the court ruled.

Feb 10, 2010, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    i still have no idea what you are talking about. and i'd bet that no one else will either. that's fine if you don't want to tell people what you were convicted of. but you can't expect anyone to be able to help you when you won't tell them what happened. i can't just say "i hurt myself. what do it do?" and then not tell people what hurts or what happened and still expect a lot of helpful advice. just like you can't tell us you were convicted of a crime and expect people to tell you what you should do next. it doesn't matter how great of a person you are to those who know you, it matters what the court ruled.
    The children said that I messed with them and I didn't do anything to them. I would never do anything bad to them. They are great kids. My ex had visitation with them and I went with them to the movies, relatives house, shopping, park, chuckie cheese. They called me mom because they liked the way I was nice to them. I treated them like they were my own. I was told the mother of the children was jealouse of me for some reason. I was always nice to her. I didn't make no trouble at all. I don't know why the children would say anything like that to me. I did not see no one by mean to those children at all.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2010, 02:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by panda0803 View Post
    the children said that I messed with them and I didn't do anything to them. I would never do anything bad to them. They are great kids. My ex had visitation with them and I went with them to the movies, relatives house, shopping, park, chuckie cheese. They called me mom because they liked the way I was nice to them. I treated them like they were my own. I was told the mother of the children was jealouse of me for some reason. I was always nice to her. I didn't make no trouble at all. I don't know why the children would say anything like that to me. I did not see no one by mean to those children at all.
    So who contacted Child Protective Services? Who did the children say this to? Where are the children now?

Feb 10, 2010, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    So who contacted Child Protective Services? Who did the children say this to? Where are the children now?
    The children said this to a guild counselor at school. The children are at the same place where they were. I don't talk to them. I'm very upset that they could do this to me. Once they told the counselor then the police got involved the child protective services got involved. Not too long after that they took my children away. I haven't done anything and I got this put on me. The only thing good that came out of this was that I got to leave my ex that was abusive to me. I was afraid to go to prison. I said I'm innocent and my lawyer won't talk to me I don't want to go to prison and if I had a different lawyer that would talk to me and let me know what was going on then I wouldn't be in this circumstance right now.I didn't know anything about the law. I was lost and didn't know what to do.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2010, 05:22 PM
    my attorney didn't do anything for me to help my case. I was not found guilty. I don't have a problem. My attorney didn't explain what I could do since I was innocent. I know I have an attorney to get this off of me. The reason I asked that question about going out of the county because I was hoping I could reach a lawyer.
    If you was found not guilty... then why are you wearing a GPS tracker and dealing with a PO and why are you on probation? This is confusing.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2010, 09:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    If you was found not guilty...then why are you wearing a GPS tracker and dealing with a PO and why are you on probation? This is confusing.
    They pleaded guilty which they apparently think is somehow different than being found guilty.
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2010, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    They pleaded guilty which they apparently think is somehow different than being found guilty.
    Which is exactly what I read into this as well.

Feb 12, 2010, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Which is exactly what I read into this as well.
    Pleading guilty and being found guilty really is two different things. There a lot of people that plead guilty and aren't guilty at all. There are different reasons people do it. People also do it just not to go to prison. There was a lot of reasons I did it. People plead guilty because the lawyer was a bad lawyer and didn't go his job right. There are a lot of things why people do it. I could go on and on.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2010, 12:48 PM
    pleading guilty and being found guilty really is two different things. There a lot of people that plead guilty and aren't guilty at all. There are different reasons why people do it. People also do it just not to go to prison. There was a lot of reasons why I did it. People plead guilty because the lawyer was a bad lawyer and didn't go his job right. There are a lot of things why people do it. I could go on and on.
    The problem is that you choose not to go on and on. You say you didn't do it but took a plea bargain - why? If you knew you were innocent and there was no evidence against you, why would you admit to something that you say you didn't do?

You keep blaming your lawyer, saying he didn't do his job and that you didn't know the law - what have you learned that makes you think you did the wrong thing by admitting guilt? Why didn't you fight it in the first place?
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2010, 01:07 PM
    It ended in a conviction... that means in the eyes of the law... you are guilty.

A lot more guilty people take a plea to get a lesser charge than innocent people do.

Semantics matter not. You are a registered sex offender as a result of a guilty plea resulting in a conviction. Which holds just as much weight as if it was a jury verdict, only it let you negotiate the terms of sentencing to something agreeable to the court.

You should have fought it if you were truly innocent. After all, the lawyer doesn't make that decision to accept the plea, you do. They can only recommend it based on the evidence the prosecution has against you.

As an adult we are responsible for our own actions. You can't blame others.

Yeah.. I don't doubt a few innocent people get sent to jail. And few criminals will ever publicly admit to what they really did (the smarter ones anyway) knowing words have a way of coming back to haunt them in the future. Yeah, I knew a few dumb criminals that not only bragged about what they did... they did it in their own car. Not at all surprised when they ended up in Prison either. Yeah... they claimed they were innocent too.

The presumption of innocence applies only PRIOR to a conviction. And a plea deal is a conviction.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2010, 06:48 PM

I am sorry when you take the plea, you are confessing to the crime that you did it, in fact taking a plea, means that you agree you did it, if you were found guilty, you could say they were wrong and never admit doing it, when you took the plea you agreed that you did it.

Feb 15, 2010, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I am sorry when you take the plea, you are confessing to the crime that you did it, in fact taking a plea, means that you agree you did it, if you were found guilty, you could say they were wrong and never admit doing it, when you took the plea you agreed that you did it.
    I can understand but that wasn't ever true that I did do it. I now know what the plea is. I have a lawyer that will turn things around. I told him my lawyer didn't do anything for me he will give me an appropriate release. I hope it works. I guess I should have known more about the law before it happens and wish my family to hire me a better lawyer when it happened. I have to give the lawyer a total of 5000 dollars and hope he will be able to turn things around for me.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 11:33 AM
    I can understand but that wasn't ever true that I did do it. I now know what the plea is. I have a lawyer that will turn things around. I told him my lawyer didn't do anything for me he will give me an appropriate release. I hope it works. I guess I should have known more about the law before it happens and wish my family to hire me a better lawyer when it happened. I have to give the lawyer a total of 5000 dollars and hope he will be able to turn things around for me.

Hopefully you will come back and let us know what the second Attorney does for you - he apparently has guaranteed he can turn things around and that is unusual.

Feb 15, 2010, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Hopefully you will come back and let us know what the second Attorney does for you - he apparently has guaranteed he can turn things around and that is unusual.
    He said he could do it if you didn't have a good attorney or didn't have some evidence to prove your innocence. I'm saving right now. Give me about eight months to save. I can't save much right now because I'm on disability. I have a rare disease called spinocerebellar degeneration. I have been seeing a neurologist for that. She said if I didn't get treatment for it, I would have gotten worse. The disease affects you arms and legs. That is saying if I went to prison they may not have had the proper treatmnet the I needed and I could have ended up in a wheelchair. I have read that a lot of people have ended up in a wheelcheir.
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 12:44 PM
    He said he could do it if you didn't have a good attorney or didn't have some evidence to prove your innocence. I'm saving right now. Give me about eight months to save. I can't save much right now because I"m on disability. I have a rare disease called spinocerebellar degeneration. I have been seeing a neurologist for that. She said if I didn't get treatment for it, I would have gotten worse. The disease affects you arms and legs. That is saying if I went to prison they may not have had the proper treatmnet the I needed and I could have ended up in a wheelchair. I have read that a lot of people have ended up in a wheelcheir.
    Proving your innocence at this pioint is far more difficult than them having to prove your guilt.

You plead guilty... at this point you have to prove you were innocent, not vice-versa. That is a far more difficult tak. Its not upon them to prove your guilt, that's assumed at this point. You never went to trial... remember.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 04:40 PM

****Banging my head on the desk*****

What part of this person took a plea to stay out of prison does she not understand?? You took the plea to not go to prison and now have to deal with the GPS home arrest ankle bracelet. You had a public defender. It is not their job to continuously visit you in jail prior to trial as they are literally overwhelmed with other "poor" clients' problems.

I worked for several good criminal attorneys in my time and I don't really think that your new attorney can do much, if anything, to reverse your conviction. I may be wrong, but I really doubt it. And the $5K price sounds a little far fetched as it should be much more $ than that so I really wouldn't hold my breath.

Your disability would have been addressed in prison had you already been diagnosed with this disease beforehand and received treatment for it in jail. Prisons are rather fussy about seeing that inmates get proper treatment as they are tired of being sued.

From what I've read your disease is generally inherited and it's a slow degenerative type disease coming on after years and years. There is no cure but the symptoms can be arrested or slowed down.
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 05:06 PM

J_9 - I'm afraid I'd wear out Mr. Bunny Rabbit and give him a doozie of a headache on this one!!
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 05:23 PM
    So... were you actually in federal custody on the other side of the country the entire time frame of the crime you committed? Because that's about the only way I can think of that is air tight. Assuming you can even get the case heard in the first place.

You are aware in some localities... they can revoke your house arrest and put you in a cell if they believe you aren't repentant as a convicted child molester. Under the pretext for the public good. Particularly since the recidivism among child molesters is so high.

Raising a stink might bring you all the wrong attention... or the right attention depending on which side of this you are on.

That plea deal had some very specific conditions I will bet... being in violation of any of them might get you a cell with some other people who don't think too highly of crimes against children. Or considered a repeat offender where you better get used to being the whipping post in the prison... or spending your days and nights in solitary confinement to avoid it. Because you won't get probation a second time.
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2010, 05:35 PM
    Ok, you're disabled and have to wear an ankle monitor and have to tell the PO every time you leave the county. You seem somehow miffed that you must inform the PO of your whereabouts. You make that seem to be the worst possible thing in the world to happen to you. The worst thing for you would have been to go to prison for being in the wrong place, etc. You chose otherwise.

Also you want to get the sex offender status magically reversed or erased. The 5 grand that attorney quoted you to get this reversed or as you put it "give me an appropriate release" as I previously said seems a tad bit low. Also, there is no criminal attorney that I know of that would guarantee anything period. They are not permitted to guarantee anything like they are appliance salespeople or something. How can an attorney get you an appropriate release? Release from what? Only a Judge can order that.

You are having a very hard time coming to grips with the fact you are on probation, have to wear an ankle monitor and report to a Probation Officer.

You had representation in Court. You had an attorney work your case for you. You have no idea how much or how little work your attorney did on your behalf. You have no idea just how many conversations he had with the prosecution about your case or what he found out that would make him suggest that you take a plea instead of stand trial.

The "new" attorney is going to have to go and talk with your "old" attorney and find out what you are not filling him in on. Don't you realize this? He can't properly formulate anything unless he does speak at length with your old attorney about your case.

If you are so disabled now, why are you so obsessed with not being labeled a sex offender anyway as you won't be able to go to a normal job once your disability really sets in and you'll be at home 24/7?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sex offender [ 5 Answers ]

My friend is a sex offender and he has a 10 year old son can he live with his son if he is considered a sex offender?

Sex offender [ 1 Answers ]

If you are a reg. sex offender for inticing a chold for indecient purposes can you be around children or computers in the state of Georgia?

Sex offender [ 12 Answers ]

I am in a very complicated situation; the father of my child is a registered sex offender and has served 10 yrs. He barely knew my son before his incarceration and now that he is back he wats to see my son. My son is now 13 yrs old and is not interested in seeing his father. His father persisted...

Innocent chatting no longer innocent [ 19 Answers ]

I started chatting with a guy online who said he was looking for a male or female friend to go out with that evening and from time to time. I could not make it that evening, but I informed him I would be free to go some other time. I informed him also that I was married and only looking for...

Sex offender [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ohio... My daughter is 18 and she met this guy who is 32 and it turns out he is a sexual offender... Is there an age limit or something I can do about it?? I heard that she has to be 21 is that only if he is on probation??

View more questions Search