Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dr D Posts: 698, Reputation: 127

Nov 22, 2006, 04:12 PM
    Honeywell RTH6300B wiring question
    Labman bailed me out before, with another thermostat. This one seems more sophisticated. Hookup for a single stage HP. Here is how old (HW Programable)TS was wired:
    G-G; R-R;Y-Y;W-W;O-O. New TS has following terminals: G; W O/B;Y;R;Rc (jumpered to R). My problem is the W O/B terminal. It seems to indicate W or O at that connection, not W and O. If I hook the O (reversing valve) to that one, where do I put the W wire? This new TS can be programed for O wire (cooling changeover valve) or B wire (heating changeover valve).The Y and W wires from the HP are joined to the Y and W leading down to the TS. My other TS in the garage has the W & Y terminals jumpered and works fine. Can I just hook up Y wire (which is already joined to the W wire) to the Y terminal? Poor Honeywell instructions keep Labman, etal busy.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell Programmable Thermostat RTH6300B [ 2 Answers ]

Since I live in Canada I want a programmable thermostat that uses celsius. Do you know if this model can be switched from Fahrenheit to Celsius? IF so how is this done? I've not opened the package since I wanted this anwer first. Thanks for your help.

Honeywell RTH3100c Wiring Question [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman 5 ton 13 seer heat pump. We have a pre-existing heating unit (electric) that is to be used for just Emergency heat. I connected all the wires, but there was a question that came up. The manual said that if the old thermostat had w1, w2 and why wires, I need to contact a heating...

Honeywell RTH6300B [ 2 Answers ]

I'm kind of confused about the wiring, I have an old thermostat that I'm trying to replace but the wiring on it is different from what they have on the manual. The wires that are connected to the terminals are R, O, G, & Y which at the same time wrapped around the W terminal. How do I match the...

Honeywell rth6300B for Heat Pump? [ 0 Answers ]

Can the Honeywell RTH6300B programmable thermostat be used on a carrier heat pump 38ycb o36300 model? The compatibility chart lists heatpump but a question that it not compatible with a heat pump with auxiliary heat... I do not know if my unit has this... thanks for your help and advice

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.