Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lefty40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 03:58 PM
    Lower right back pain
    When I get up the 1st thing in the morning I can't get out of bed right way. I'm in a lot
    Of pain and can't move because my lower right side of my back hurts BAD. Once I take a shower my back does losen up more. Does anyone else have the same thing happen?
    DrWood Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Nov 22, 2006, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty40
    When I get up the 1st thing in the morning I can't get out of bed right way. I'm in a lot
    of pain and can't move because my lower right side of my back hurts BAD. Once I take a shower my back does losen up more. Does anyone else have the same thing happen?
    Lefty,

Lower back pain is an incredibly common problem, some sources suggest that 80% of people will experience it at some stage in their life, so I am sure many others are sharing your experience.

Early morning stiffness can indicate inflammation but is not specific to any one cause. Pain in the morning similarly may indicate an arthritis but also is not specific. Hot water and movement can be helpful as you have found for yourself.

It is difficult to say what could be the cause of your problem form what you have typed, and a full history and physical should be done by a Dr to come to a diagnosis.

Commonly this will be non-bony lower back pain - a strain in your muscle or ligament. Other conditions such as arthritis, bony disease or structural abnormalities should be considered. Any symptoms such as numbness, pins and needles, weakness, urinary or bowel problems or if you have a history of cancer should cause you to go to your Dr immediately.

Most likely it will be something that is not serious and will resolve on its own.

DrWood
    Ehmmendoza Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2011, 08:14 AM
    I agree back pain is common nowadays especially to those people who requires a along period of sitting in work. Poor posture and age can also be a factor anyway I read an article about ergonomic chair and according to what I've read it can reduce the severity of your condition which is back pain actually I just shared it because my grandma bought one a year ago and her review regarding on it is quite good there are so many store out there online but for your convenience I got one for you here it is http://www.ergonomicchair.org/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain in lower left abdomen [ 4 Answers ]

I have been having pains in my lower left abdomen where my ovaries are. When I sit down, walk, have sex, even move wrong. What could cause this?

Lower Abdominal Pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am 30 years old and have been trying to get pregnant for 4 months. Last month my husband and I had sex the day before and day of ovulation. The following few weeks I was feeling really nauseous and was sure that I was pregnant, however, I got my period exactly on day 29 as usual. I still did not...

Pain in lower left groin [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone I am 22 years old and have never had a regular period. I can't even remember the last time I had a natural period. But my concern at this moment is that I have a pain on my lower left groin area that I have had for about 2 months now and it seems to be getting worse. Its kindof...

Pain in lower back [ 0 Answers ]

My friend is having lower back pain, actually right above his buttocks. He says that it feels like a burning sensation that lasts about 10 seconds and then goes and returns again. He has had this pain for about 1 day. He has not lifted any heavy objects and doesn't believe he has pulled any...

Pain and coldness in lower legs [ 0 Answers ]

Since I gave birth to my first child seven months ago, I have had coldness and pain in my lower legs. I started with numbness in heels of my feet at 8 1/2 months pregnant but that seemed to have subsided but the coldness and the pains didn't start until 2 weeks after birth of my child. I had...

View more questions Search