Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 5, 2010, 08:37 AM
    The wisdom of Mom.
    HAVING MOM OVER FOR DINNER

You don't even have to be a mother to enjoy this one.

Brian invited his mother over for dinner. During the meal, Brian's mother couldn't help but notice how beautiful Brian's roommate, Jennifer, was. Brian's Mom had long been suspicious of the 'platonic' relationship between Brian and Jennifer, and this had only made her more curious.
    Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started to wonder if there was more between Brian and Jennifer than met the eye.
    Reading his mom's thoughts, Brian volunteered, 'I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you Jennifer and I are just roommates.'
    About a week later, Jennifer came to Brian saying, 'Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle. You don't suppose she took it, do you?'
    Brian said, 'Well, I doubt it, but I'll send her an e-mail just to be sure. So he sat down and wrote:
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Dear Mom,
    I'm not saying that you 'did' take the gravy ladle from the house, I'm not saying that you 'did not' take the gravy ladle. But the fact remains that one has been missing ever since you were here for dinner.
    Love, Brian
    Several days later, Brian received an email back from his mother that read:
    __________________________________________________ __
    Dear Son,
    I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with Jennifer, I'm not saying that you 'do not' sleep with Jennifer. But the fact remains that if Jennifer is sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the gravy ladle by now.
    Love, Mom

LESSON OF THE DAY - NEVER LIE TO YOUR MOTHER
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2010, 08:52 AM

Good old mom!

Super slueth.

My own mother ( godbless her cotton socks) was a tryant in her day,so house proud she would make us wait outside until the floors dried,and ironed bed sheets while on the bed,after just spending hours doing them with the iron.(not a wrinkle anywhere!)

As she aged she has mellowed,however,the one thing she does that's drives all her daughters crazy is,when she goes somewhere she uses the toilet first thing,restaurant,hotel,or visiting someone,if the toliets are not up to scratch she won't stay and makes no bones about it!

She figures if there is no soap,towel or a hint of bleach the whole place is riddled with germs.
    Business Expert

Feb 5, 2010, 09:07 AM

I agree Red, Moms are special. She raised eight of us Austrian/Irish kids and let me tell you she DID have eyes in the back of her head... I proved it!

Can you imagine 10 people at dinner each evening and we all sat down at the same time each evening.

So much love spread equally among so many.

Stringer
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2010, 09:09 AM

Different story at our house stringer,dinner was like pistols at dawn!

My mother as the referee and my father as the judge!

Ah happy memories.
    Business Expert

Feb 5, 2010, 09:17 AM

Funny Red!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2010, 11:09 PM

Wow! Clever woman out there!

Good one, kept the suspense will the end! :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2010, 06:37 AM

Haha, that's a good one! :D
    I'm going to file that away for future reference ;)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 7, 2010, 10:19 AM

Mother's are very smart creatures and can come up with some very interesting "trials".
    Business Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 10:22 AM

The 'mother hen' syndrome Twink. Can you imagine life without them? :eek:
    Business Expert

Feb 7, 2010, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Haha, that's a good one! :D
    I'm going to file that away for future reference ;)
    A mother's intuition Shaz, can't beat it.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2010, 09:29 AM
    Loved it!
    SouthAfricacute Posts: 140, Reputation: 18

Feb 17, 2010, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    HAVING MOM OVER FOR DINNER

You don't even have to be a mother to enjoy this one.

Brian invited his mother over for dinner. During the course of the meal, Brian's mother couldn't help but notice how beautiful Brian's roommate, Jennifer, was. Brian's Mom had long been suspicious of the 'platonic' relationship between Brian and Jennifer, and this had only made her more curious.
    Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started to wonder if there was more between Brian and Jennifer than met the eye.
    Reading his mom's thoughts, Brian volunteered, 'I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you Jennifer and I are just roommates.'
    About a week later, Jennifer came to Brian saying, 'Ever since your mother came to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle. You don't suppose she took it, do you?'
    Brian said, 'Well, I doubt it, but I'll send her an e-mail just to be sure. So he sat down and wrote:
    Dear Mom,
    I'm not saying that you 'did' take the gravy ladle from the house, I'm not saying that you 'did not' take the gravy ladle. But the fact remains that one has been missing ever since you were here for dinner.
    Love, Brian
    Several days later, Brian received an email back from his mother that read:
    __________________________________________________ __
    Dear Son,
    I'm not saying that you 'do' sleep with Jennifer, I'm not saying that you 'do not' sleep with Jennifer. But the fact remains that if Jennifer is sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the gravy ladle by now.
    Love, Mom

LESSON OF THE DAY - NEVER LIE TO YOUR MOTHER
    Funny.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 10:06 AM

That is something my mom would do!!
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Feb 21, 2010, 03:47 PM

Classic, I'm not sure why, but moms seem to have a better instinct for knowing when their kids are up to no good than dads. Has anyone else noticed that too?
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2010, 06:02 PM
    I have, but I'm a Mom:D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom and Step mom in hate! [ 6 Answers ]

My mom and step mom are not getting along. It all started with a stupid gift card! Out of all things. My card only had $3.45 on it and my brother only had $.19 on his. The cards were soposed to have $20.00 on it. My mom and step mom live one house away from each other and then they just get into...

Early 90's movie where lady locks mom in basement because mom is monster [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm trying to remember the name of this horror movie that I think came out in the early 90's or late 80's where at the beginning, this lady goes to a gypsy/fortune teller and the fortune teller gives her a Moon and Star pendant and tells her that her soul mate will have the same Moon and Star...

Step Mom listens in on kids conversations with real Mom [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter who is 41 , lives with me, and is an alcoholic, but calls her children every night. I am always within hearing distance. The step Mom listens in and if she doesn't like the conversation or the question my daughter asks she hangs up the phone on them and won't answer the phone if my...

Mom step mom issues [ 9 Answers ]

I married a man who is the primary custodial parent. So the child lives with us. This child loves my kids, she seems exited about us moving in with dad. Now the mother who has her every other weeked is sending emails, that her daughter was the queen of this castle, now is a house full of kids I...

Known as grandma to be mom, and real mom to be sister! [ 2 Answers ]

So I'm 12 years old and last summer the "secret" came out. The whole Summer of 08 sucked "butt" every signal day my "mom" and "sister" fought. Now there fighting for mine and my other sister's love I still call my "grandma" mom just not around my "real" "mom". Its sooooo weird to be around them at...

View more questions Search