Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moon333 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 09:32 PM
    Seeking help to find name of a sci-fi book with main character named Singer
    There was a book I had borrowed from the library, probably sometime in the 1980's, so I know it's got to be a bit dated. The main character was named "Singer" and the book starts with him traveling through the woods, returning home after a long absence. It turns out that he has telepathic abilities and had been ostracized by his people, but something called him back home, and so he went. There was some kind of 'monster' that was killing people, but the townspeople were very closed about it. Singer caught bits of phrases from their minds, so he knew they were hiding something. There was also a woman, with a child, and Singer knew her from long ago. He thought she was in danger from the monster, but it turned out that SHE was the monster, and killed to protect her child. At the end, there was another set of people who were futuristic. They knew about this woman's ability to 'change', but I can't remember exactly how they tied into it all.
    I have no idea who the author is, and cannot remember the title either, but I know it wasn't a very large book and it was a single book, not part of a series... at least not that I know of. Thanks to all for any help you can give on finding out about this book.
    golightly66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2010, 12:19 AM
    I've been trying to track down the same book! Did you ever get a reply?
    moon333 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2010, 02:14 PM
    No, not yet. I was hoping that someone out there would be able to help with this,. and maybe someone will, someday... *sigh
    mixgtb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2012, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by golightly66 View Post
    I've been trying to track down the same book! Did you ever get a reply?
    I had that book and it was one of my favorite books afte egg all my Heinlein..
    I hope someone will remember the name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Title of a sci fi book where main character was man called 'Hero'(Heroe?) [ 1 Answers ]

He was a reluctant hero, and he rode a 'morse', which was half horse and half moose. Actually could communicate with this animal. Save the world type of book... from the 70's/80's... there then was a sequel... thks

I'm looking for a book. Teen. Vampire related, the main character was named Poppy [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. Our town library closed and all of the books were dispursed. I never used to write down the names of the books I had read and now I wish I had. Plot: Poppy and her best friend, I think his name was edward. Friends for years. Poppy is diagnosed with cancer. Then she finds out that "edward"...

Finding book. Character named Adam Blum. [ 1 Answers ]

I was reading back over some of my older blogs and I found a quote from a book that I was apparently reading at the time. I remember loving the quote, but the name didn't ring any bells... "And I knew I had found her: My partner for survival in a post-Apocalyptic America." - Adam Blum I...

Singer of a song named off [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I want to know who sings a song named off all I know is that the singer is a woman And is a slow song. The song is called off for sure and in the refrain says <<cause when you touch me baby I just can't live without you >> That is all I remember Thanks for your help

View more questions Search