Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    june lederle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 01:48 PM
    Homeowner Liability Insurance
    I own a rental condo on the 9th floor in an 11 story poured in place concrete and steel building. I carry a liability insurance policy on this property. If there is water damage to a unit below me (hot water heater valve malfunction causing flooding) will this liability policy cover the damage to the unit below? I am aware that unless I also carry content insurance on my own unit, the damage in my unit will not be covered. My concern is for my protection from water damage to others.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Nov 22, 2006, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by june lederle
    I own a rental condo on the 9th floor in an 11 story poured in place concrete and steel building. I carry a liability insurance policy on this property. If there is water damage to a unit below me (hot water heater valve malfunction causing flooding) will this liability policy cover the damage to the unit below? I am aware that unless I also carry content insurance on my own unit, the damage in my unit will not be covered. My concern is for my protection from water damage to others.
    I am an agent not a claims adjuster but my best guess is yes, any such damage caused as you described would be covered, no deductible of course for damage to other's property. I would like for an experienced adjuster to answer also.
    rick7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2012, 08:14 AM
    A friend fell in my home.
    They fractured their nose, otherwise seem OK.
    Should I contact the company carrying my homeowners insurance?
    Do the insurance companies penalize you for notifying them?

[email protected]
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 31, 2012, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rick7 View Post
    A friend fell in my home.
    They fractured their nose, otherwise seem ok.
    Should I contact the company carrying my homeowners insurance?
    Do the insurance companies penalize you for notifying them?

[email protected]
    1-YES, 2-NO and 3-easier than answering an attorney with a claim!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Please Help: Advice for a homeowner about a Contractor! [ 4 Answers ]

Good afternoon. First some background. Recently I got a new position with my company. I stay in Cherry Hill NJ 3 weeks of every month for work, and on the 4th week I fly home to Oregon to be with my family. Hard hours, but that's how I pay the bills. I rent a room with a friend while here,...

Homeowner liability [ 20 Answers ]

As a homeowner renting out a room, can my roommate sue me if she has a slip and fall type accident on my property?

Overhead Sewer System; homeowner [ 1 Answers ]

Hi ho! My son bought a house with an overhead sewer system. It looks like the basment back-discharge toilet was added in recent history. There is also a utility sink with its own motorized pump connected to the sewer drain discharge pipe (on its way to the street). The main sewer system...

Trampoline liability [ 0 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a full-size round trampoline for my two kids, 5 and 7. It is in our fenced (3 1/2 ft.) backyard, which is visible to at least a dozen homes in the neighborhood. All of a sudden, every kid in the neighborhood wants to come over and make friends---and the first thing they...

View more questions Search