Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mouhamed550 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 06:56 PM
    Do I qualify as head of household
    I am doing my taxes and I wanted to know if I qualify as head of household I take care of myself a 100 percent. No kids or anything just me and my bills.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 5, 2010, 01:09 PM

You should have posted this question in the "Taxes" forum, not "Venture Capital." However, to answer your question - in order to file as Head of Household you must have a "qualifying person" as a dependent. Since you live alone, and have no kids, you can not file as HoH. You should file as Single.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Head of household [ 2 Answers ]

I live with my boyfriend we are not married. I file single 1040ez but I was wondering since I have no kids or anything can I file head of household?! And what are the rules on that?

Head of household [ 2 Answers ]

Which parent can claim head of houshold?

Head of Household [ 2 Answers ]

I remarried last year but I provide ALL of the expenses of my household. My spouse does work but it is my income that pays all the bills, and the upkeep of the home. Can I still file as Head of Household?

Head of Household [ 3 Answers ]

I have two clients who are partners. They each live in the same house, both on title, and both on the mortgage. Also, they have a rental property together. One of the partners has two children and wants to file head of household with two dependents. The HOH requirement is that the taxpayer...

View more questions Search