Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pveling Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 05:45 PM
    Hunter Stafford fan, Hunter remote 27157 and two wall switches
    From the ceiling is a tan, a red, a black and a ground that go to two switches on the wall. The fan has a black, a black with white, a ground and a white. The remote has a black, a red, two whites and a black with white stripe. Which do you connect to which? Thanks.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2010, 10:25 PM

Ok are two of the wires on the remote separate from the rest? Say, red and one of the whites?

Ceiling Fan Wiring, Ceiling Fan Wiring Technical Help, Do it Yourself (DIY) - Ceiling Fans N More
    pveling Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2010, 02:07 PM
    The receiver has five wires together. The red has a label that says "fan out." The black and white wire has a label that says "light out." Black is "live in." The whites - one says "common in" and the other says "common out." They all come out of one end of the receiver. The antenna comes out of the other end. Thanks.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2010, 12:21 AM

Fan out to fan black.
    Light out to the striped wire from the fan.
    Live in to black OR red from the ceiling.
    Common in to tan from the ceiling
    Common out to fan white.

Should work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter fan & light control 27157 to a 3way switch [ 1 Answers ]

From the switch I am using as a 3 way (switch) black wire top left bottom left black wire bottom right white wire . From the light box white wire nut with red wire 2 black wires. Trying to install a remote ceiling and light fan control from hunter model number 27157 with out poping the...

Hunter fan w/ light & reversing switch on remote, remote not working properly [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Hunter fan with light and remote control, with reversible switch on the remote. RC was working fine until recently, and now, the fan will not turn off with it. I do not have a wall switch. The light works fine with RC, and the reversing also works, so does the fan speed. So, what...

Hunter Ceiling Fan Switches [ 6 Answers ]

I replaced the pull chain switches on both my ceiling fan and light kit. When I pull the chain on the ceiling fan, it changes speeds but does not turn off. Same thing on my light kit... when I pull the chain, the light does not turn off. I have to turn them off by the light switch.

Installing Hunter Remote w/ Existing two wall switches [ 6 Answers ]

Do I ignore the red that exists in the existing ceiling with the black, white, and ground? The red goes back to one of the switches. Does it matter which I use (black or red)? I removed an existing ceiling fan and installing another with a Hunter remote. Thanks

Hunter Fan Installation Where there are 2 wall switches [ 5 Answers ]

I'm replacing an old ceiling fan with a Hunter fan and light. The fixture is positioned between wall switches on opposite walls and has two incoming black and white wires. The old fans I used in this room had a black wire, a white wire and a ground and all like colored wires were simply wired...

View more questions Search