Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CAF Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 12:13 PM
    Restaurant /Lounge Investors
    My husband was raised in London and found success at a very young age as a restaurant, bar and lounge consultant. He has set up many successful and well known business during his time in London. About 5 years ago he took a position as head of restaurant/bars of a large and successful hotel group in nyc and made his move to Manahattan 4 days prior to 9/11. One week later, his job was no longer available to him.

He has spent the past 5 years in NY working on small scale turnaround operations, but now is ready to get back to his own projects. He is currently searching for $950k from investors for his own project and is finding that his network of potential investors in London are no longer accessible. His NY contacts does not have a high list of investors.

What are his best options forreaching potential investors that may be interested and potentially ready to invest in a project such as this?

I appreciate any advice available. Thank you.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2012, 02:24 PM
    If you and your husband do not already have a group of friends and associates from which you can pull together leads, then I would suggest networking traditionally, at Chamber of Commerce meetings, Business mixers, etc. Websites can also help in this task.

Gust.com, for instance, provides great tools for the entrepreneur looking for Angel Investors. It provides services allowing you to present a web pitch, documents, videos, etc. You can elect to submit to Angel Groups, individuals, etc.

Lastly, I would suggest getting people together in a rented space, if you don't already have the final space available to you, and I would get Angel Groups together to sample the food you intend to serve.

Make them feel like they are owners. Give them the best treatment and service. Show them that not only can you provide a quality product, but that you really know how to run a restaurant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Investors [ 1 Answers ]

I'm not quite ready to publish my book just yet. Maybe within the next few months. But I've heard a writer should have an investor. I've never heard of that. Then again I don't know how publishing works to be honest. Do I need an investor? And how does publishing normally work? Sheesh, or...

The Lounge 2 [ 674 Answers ]

This is the continuation of https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/member-discussions/lounge-29979.html.

The Original Lounge [ 1624 Answers ]

Well, folks, I thought I would start a thread that has absolutely NO subject. So, welcome to The Lounge. A great place to chit-chat about everything and nothing. No matter what you want to say here will be off-topic. The menu: Coffee (Val I made it just for you) Kool-aid for Tal I have...

View more questions Search