Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vegemite_sal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 11:51 AM
    Green Hair
    Hello,

I am a natural blonde and decided I needed a change. I dyed my hair brown with a semi-permanent dye. I decided that it was too dark so started to put blonde dyes over the top. It made the brown fade to a dark blonde colour but now I have a green tinge in it which you can see under certain lights. I have stopped dying the hair (which I should have done a while ago) and was wondering if the green tinge will just go over time or if I have to see a professional. PLEASE HELP! :(
    crybabypirate2255 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2006, 12:29 AM
    I have to say and I'm sorry but hee hee! Ok. Go to a hair salon, and ask them to kind of like re do your hair. Like start it back the way it should be. Get some shampoos with extra vitamins. If you want to keep punishing your hair which you need to keep the heat in your head, it keeps you warm, you punish it, any hoo, the easy route, get the shampoos for dyed hair, like replinishing brunette. BUT DON'T DO THAT cause I had a friend who dyed her hair over and over again cause things were just too THE SAME. She is now bald because her roots were damaged to an extreme point. You have issues of needing more and more. NEW NEW NEW! You should put yourself into doing a whole lot of things acivities games important things. Eventually you will be so sick of doing so much will want things back the way they were: Plain and simple. But every now and then we all need a little something something or rather. GET A GUY!!
    zmarash Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 23, 2006, 01:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vegemite_sal
    Hello,

I am a natural blonde and decided I needed a change. I dyed my hair brown with a semi-permanent dye. I decided that it was too dark so started to put blonde dyes over the top. It made the brown fade to a dark blonde colour but now I have a green tinge in it which you can see under certain lights. I have stopped dying the hair (which I should of done a while ago) and was wondering if the green tinge will just go over time or if I have to see a professional. PLEASE HELP! :(
    You used a wrong color base, Do not use blue base on blond hair, you need to stipe out the color for the best results, and use natural base , or gold, you use the blue base only if you hair is gold and tone the gold down.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 25, 2006, 01:24 AM
    Vegamite_val, when a blue based color is applied to blonde or gold hair, it will result in a green cast. The green cast can be neutralized with a red base color. Yes, it would be best to go to the salon and have them do a color correction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Green Hair! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I've had blonde hair for 5 years and I decided to try dying it to a dark brown - bad idea. I should have not used permanent dye:mad: . At first it looked okay and I started to like it but now its fading to a green hue. I think I want to go back to blonde again. Can I try dying it back to the...

Green pill [ 1 Answers ]

What pill is light green with barr on one side and 555 585 on the other

Green hair [ 1 Answers ]

Last Night I Tried Dying My Already Highlighted Blonde Blonde Hair Brown I Thought It Looked All Right Until I Went To Target And Under That Lighting My Hair Looked Very Much Green Is There A Toner Or Maybe I Should Dye My Hair The Same Brown Color Again To Get The Green Out Im Not Sure What To Do...

Help! Green hue to hair! [ 2 Answers ]

I had blonde hair, tried to make it not so blonde with an ash colored home hair kit, not so good. Had a green hue afterwards, so I thought a darker ash/neutral blonde would work, nope. Just darker with a green hue. So I got a light golden brown, roots are the right color, but not the rest.I can't...

From the queen of mean I am green [ 8 Answers ]

Hey ladies and gentle men(yes you men too) if you want to have great skin its called noxema and olay moisturizer. My grandmother has used noxema to clean her face since she was a teenager and uses olay after she washes. She has glowing, baby smooth skin and she gets asked out by the young men all...

View more questions Search