Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynx69_98 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2006, 11:37 AM
    Wiring diagram
    How do I connect a Directv receiver to a TV to a surround sound to a dvd recorder
    Thanks-
    Thomas1970 Posts: 856, Reputation: 131

Nov 22, 2006, 12:12 PM
    Hi Lynx,
    The coaxial cable from the wall would be connected to the "In from Antenna (Video In)" on you DirecTV receiver. Whatever type of connection (RCA, S-video, etc.) you have running out of the DirecTV box (your Video Out) would be connected to the respective Video In on your DVD recorder. Next, you would connect the cables from the Video Out on the DVD recorder (RCA, RGB, S-video, whichever you use) to the respective Video In on the TV (if connecting with coaxial cable, you will have an RF modulator, though this is somewhat unlikely nowadays).
    All RCA cables, if any, for sound (Red and White, Yellow is Video), would follow the same path as your video cables, from the respective Audio Out to Audio In, in each case.
    As for the surround receiver, I have no experience with those. I would assume you would simply connect it to the Audio Out on your TV in this case -- though perhaps your DVD recorder -- using whatever type of cables are utilized.
    I hope this isn't too confusing, and of some help. I tried to be as coherent as possible. It's always easier to connect these things in actuality. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring diagram nissan pathfinder [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know the power,battery always on and the ground wire colors on a stereo in a 1991 nissan pathfinder v-6 4 wheel drive thank you

Wiring Diagram for Carrier Furnace [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for Carrier Furnace Model 58GS100CGA, 160 Series, 76,000 BTU's. BC Furnace has replaced everything in my furnace & it's still not working. I've called in another repair man & he has checked everything & now says he needs to check the wiring from start to finish...

Bathroom wiring diagram [ 8 Answers ]

I am wiring a new basement bathroom. I have created a diagram showing how I plan to wire it. Just curious if anyone sees any problems with the way I'm doing this? Thanks and hope the attachment shows up correctly!

Wiring diagram [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was hoping someone would be able to tell me where I can find a wiring diagram for a 95 honda civic... I need to find the continuity between some wires and I need to figure out where the other ends of them are... so if there are any web sites that have them... please let me know asap

Ignition wiring diagram; Tractor [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Alice Chalmers Gas Model 170 tractor that the ignition switch went bad. It has 6 poles and I do not have a clue where the wire go to make it work. PLEASE HELP ! The battery is fully charged... there is a separate starter button and ignition light on the dash... and clutch has to be fully...

View more questions Search