Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjasso08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 08:44 AM
    Home howners insurance
    I was dropped by Allstate about a month ago, due to three claims I've had within the last five years. I've had a couple of quotes, no less than 1,400 premium a year, with
    Foremost. Does anybody know of an insurance company that might be cheaper?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2010, 09:28 AM

Having had 3 claims in a short period, you're going to have to look to a smaller company which won't necessarily be cheaper. You present a greater risk and until you're a claim-free for a number of years, you will have to suck it up.

Foremost is known for taking on "riskier" policies so they may be your best bet. Most of the larger companies won't touch you with so many claims but check your Yellow Pages for a local company.
    Rover88 Posts: 68, Reputation: 14

Feb 4, 2010, 03:46 PM

Top-line direct writers like Allstate (State Farm, Nationwide) are generally more restrictive on their underwriting than some of the smaller companies. Find a well-regarded independent insurance agent (who writes for several/many companies) in your area.
    Bill

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New home buyer insurance [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of purchasing a house, and trying to decide on insurance. I have gotten about 6 different quotes. The purchase price of the home is 129,000 but the appraisal came back at 140,000. Which is the amount I need to insure. Does anyone know what a tier factor premium is?

Pools and Home Owners Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Here is my situation. My pool is a cedar walled, inground liner pool. My pool collapsed and I don't know why. I have checked my insurance coverage and it appears it will be difficult to get it covered. I have a safety cover on the pool and so I am not sure what may have been going on underneath. I...

Home Owners insurance [ 3 Answers ]

How can I find out who my neighbors home owners insurance company is? How can I found out if a home owners has home owners insurance? Is it legal to do so?

BRAZIL-holiday home insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there! I have a holiday home in Brazil and am having difficulty finding an insurance broker who deals with Brazilian properties. I just want basic structural insurance, not contents insurance. Check it out a .: Helen Website :.! Anyone got any good contacts or ideas? Thanks a lot, helen

Home owners insurance [ 2 Answers ]

This really happened & I am baffled by the result. A tree in my yard falls & hits one of my cars. The car only has liability insurance coverage on it. The car was a total loss. My first reaction was that the home owners policy will take care of that. Not.. Evidently it only covers acts of...

View more questions Search