Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    moon123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 02:08 AM
    mysql is not enabled in phpinfo() of php 5.3.1
    hi, I am having apache 2.2.14, php 5.3.1 and mysql 5.1.43 installed on vista. I am trying since 2 days to configure php to have mysql enable on phpinfo().

1. I modified php.ini to have extension_dir = "c:\php\ext"
    2. modified the extension as extension="php_mysql.dll"
    3. added "c:\php" to the "PATH" environment variable and restarted the vista.

after trying many combinations of putting php.ini, php_mysql.dll and libmysql.dll in c drive and/or c:/windows and/or c:/windows/system32 now I am with no options!

I do restart the apache after each modification. I used libmysql.dll present in mysql installation and that of older php version as php 5.3.1 has no libmysql.dll...
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    moon123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2010, 12:13 AM
    FIXED mysql is not enabled in phpinfo() of php 5.3.1

Finally I got the problem fixed. The steps to follow:
    1. Make sure that MYSQL is started.
    2. libmySQL.dll file should only be in mySQL install/bin folder and copy

The same dll in " c:\php "
    3. php_mysql.dll should be only in " c:\php\ext "
    4. php.ini file should be only in one place and that is " c:\php "
    Make sure that you have saved the 'modified php.ini' filename correctly as

'php.ini' (in my case the filename was php.ini.ini) ;)
    5. Now check the phpinfo() output, is 'Loaded Configuration File' showing

" c:\php\php.ini " If not then double check the "PHPInitDir" entry in

httpd.conf whether PHPInitDir is pointing to wrong directory. It should

Point to "c:/php"
    Hope, this helps to someone...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need PHP/MySQL help, for opensource [ 1 Answers ]

I am using PHP Point of Sale, and I need a simple function added to the sales form. REF: PHP Point Of Sale In the file /sales/sale_ui.php I need to add a date/time function to post to the MySQL database. And then print or echo so that the information is physically printable for the EU, but...

DB by php & mysql [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a best friendly and easy Administrative front-end Database using PHP & MySQL. I found these two in the net "AppGini" & "DaDaBIK". Do you suggest another software/application other than the above mentioned? You support appreciated on this matter...

PHP, MySQL, apache l [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to install php5, the latest version of apache webserver and the latest version of mysql on a windows xp sp2 laptop. I also want to use Zend dev environment to write my php. I can install php4 and apache 1.3.3 with zend, and everything works fine. The problem is I'm trying to use...

Php, apache, mysql [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to install php5, the latest version of apache webserver and the latest version of mysql on a windows xp sp2 laptop. I also want to use Zend dev environment to write my php. I can install php4 and apache 1.3.3 with zend, and everything works fine. The problem is I'm trying to use...

Connecting to MySQL with PHP on Apache 2.2 [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, Just a little background on my system. I am running Windows XP Pro SP2. Firewall is disabled. Running Apache 2.2, PHP5 and MySQL server 5.1. I am trying to simple interface with my MySQL database using a webpage running PHP. I have tried using the mysql_connect(host, name,...

View more questions Search