Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessy 4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 02:04 AM
    Do I need a psychologist if I'm shy with people?
    It's the same problem that followed me every day through my entire life that people hates me. Since I was in 1st grade, girls makes fun of me and hurts me every single day with hurtful remarks and I just couldn't stand to cry everyday and locked myself into my room, I even went to three different schools but nothing changes. They even locked me one day in the bathroom at school and they send me hurtful comments on my email. I am too shy around people and I don't talk much about interesting subjects and that's why girls treat me like that way. In my second school I had two friends for almost two years but when I had to change my school they just forget me and never call me again. Now I'am a teenage girl and I'm 17 but I still have the same problem and it even got worse in high school. My parents are too busy to listen to me but this is something I can understand because they work really hard and my sister is Down Syndrome so she needs their attention more than me. That is something else I hate it, I love my sister more than anything else but when people see her they immediately sympathize her and looks at her like she is crazy or something and that hurts all of us. I have no one to talk to. I tried to focus only on my future and my studies but I just can't because of them. So my question is: Should I go to see a phycologist or a psychatrist as some people suggest it to me because I need someone to talk to? Or should I just let it go and just remind myself that I will be better when I grow up and I'm the one who is going to win at the end?
    dam4422000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2010, 07:36 PM

I have been teaching school for 14 years. I have seen many students face the same treatment. Kids can be very cruel. I would talk to a teacher or guidance counselor at school that you trust and maybe think about asking them about maybe going to a church near where you live. Some counselors set up "social groups" for students that need it. I am sorry you have had to deal with all this negativity. I am proud of you for realizing that you may need someone's help in this area. It certainly wouldn't hurt to talk to a professional, I've done it when I was in college and even recently as an adult to work out some issues. It has been very helpful, but my relationship with God has given me peace in all kinds of turmoil. But you are right, you do need someone you can confide in and talk to, even if it is just one person. Good luck, keep trying, don't give up.
    needhelp94 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2010, 06:33 PM
    I have a similar problem. I used to be this jolly person who had a lot of friends but evrythin seems so hard now I don't understand what happened to me but I look at evryone as if they are after me and I'm the wrong one in every situation I freeze up and don't say much anymore because I'm so afraid of evryone else. Do you think I should get a phycologist? My parents are very strict and they don't see this as an option they think evrybody my age has no problems and shouldn't have any so I can't go to them for help. I'm a 16 yr old and I just don't know what to do. I think about suicide sometimes too:/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I need to see a psychologist/therapist? [ 14 Answers ]

You may think I'm a worthless human being after reading this, maybe I am. I don't like that I am this way, but it's been how I have been for the longest time. I've told a few other people about these things, but they say "boo hoo, the whole teased at school routine, get over it" I may get that...

How can I make my sister see a Psychologist? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I am new and hopefully somebody can show some light to me. My sister has problems that she won't admit she is having it. My sister is an attractive and shy person, but I think she has a very low self-confidence and thinking everybody wants to take advantage or to hurt her. She was...

How to become a psychologist? [ 4 Answers ]

Can I go to college with a GED to become a psychologist? Does anyone have any good information for me on how to approach it and go from there.

SO SHY AND are people afraid to talk to me? [ 4 Answers ]

So I have been in a horrible relationship for 10 years. I have been physically, emotionally and verbally abused. I have one child from this relationship. I am 27 years old now. We have been broken up for a good while now, but he still loves to threaten me constantly, expsecialy about being with...

Is there an online psychologist? [ 5 Answers ]

I need help because I don't like life and I have thoughts of dying. Im a shy person face to face. The only way I will ever get help is if I talk to someone online. Someone please help. Thanks ahead of time.

View more questions Search