Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 01:52 AM
    How to thicken nail polish
    Hi there,

I know how to thin out nail polish, but is there a way to thicken nail polish?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 02:21 AM

Hi Chi, nice to see you back. I don't think there is any way to thicken nail polish other then leaving it open and stirring it every so often.

Tick
    Vision Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 03:08 AM

Hmmm... I see... I might try that!
    rosanna-hope Posts: 109, Reputation: 9

Feb 15, 2010, 07:29 AM

To thicken it on your nails use -
    Base coat
    Nail varnish
    Top coat

It will make the polish last longer and will keep it shiny and nails healthy.
    Vision Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 12:38 AM

I want to thicken the polish before application. But thanks for the tips, those certainly are necessary for long lasting polish.
    MissSmarty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2011, 08:00 PM
    There is a site that says to add very small amounts of xanthan gum powder until you get the right consistancy for you. You can find this powder at health food stores.
    HeatherLouise6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2012, 08:46 PM
    If you leave the bottle open and stir it every so often, the nail polish will not last as long. This will definitely work, but a much better alternative is to use Xanthan Gum powder from a local natural food store. Put a pinch of the powder in there (use a small fennel to make it easier) and shake polish to mix. Check thickness and add more if it is still too runny. -From HeatherLouise6

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black Nail Polish [ 27 Answers ]

Classy or trashy? *There's no wrong answer, I just want opinions*

Black Nail Polish [ 9 Answers ]

Hello there, I have a question that I have asked many people, and depending on the person, they respond differently. This is purely opinion apparently. Do you think black nail polish is tacky or classy? I mean nice manicured nails painted black. No chipping polish or bitten nails. ...

Nail Polish spilled in dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter washed a load of jeans that had a bottle of nail polish in the pocket! Now the nail polish is all over the dryer and her jeans. Can I safely clean this with non-acetone polish remover? Any other suggestions. Thanks!

Nail polish [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter has a short black and white trim dress for prom. Turquoise open toe shoes and matching jewelry to shoes. What color nail polish/lipstick would look best with this?

View more questions Search