Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drdradle Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Feb 4, 2010, 01:14 AM
    I miss her.
    Hello to everyone on AMHD. I have a problem. I have been dating this girl for a while now, it has been a long distance relationship, or a LDR, and I suddenly am not able to get a hold of her. She does not have a cell phone so we have not been able to talk on the phone, only 1 time at her friends house, so we talk using MSN and through e-mail. It has been a week yesterday and I am a little worried. I really seem to like her. I guess what I am asking for is suggestions on how to feel better about not being able to talk to her for now. I am pretty sure that she just does not have internet for now, it has happened before in her apartment building. Any advice I would appreciate. It is just hard to not hear from someone you really like for so long after being use to talking almost everyday.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2010, 03:41 AM

If there where no arguments or disagreements I suggest you try getting in touch with her friend.she/he might know.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2010, 04:00 AM

I don't like to say I disagree with amicon, but I differ a little!

I think that considering you have only spoken once and seem to be internet buddies, correct me if I'm wrong please, I would not contact her friend.

There are so many warnings about the potential of eh,. weirdness in people meeting over the internet. I am not insinuating you fit in this category but it may seem that way as it has only been a week.

I think that you should try to keep your mind off her by doing something else, try to stay off the computer as much as possible, it is just a reminder of her. Exercise is a great way to get your mind off a difficult situation.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 06:40 AM

Have you ever met in person before or is this entirely online?

How was your last few conversations like?

Why don't you have her house number?

If she cared about you, she would find a way to contact you.

Feb 4, 2010, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by I wish View Post
    Have you ever met in person before or is this entirely online?

How was your last few conversations like?

Why don't you have her house number?

If she cared about you, she would find a way to contact you.
    It has been mainly online, but we have been talking for a good while but we just recently started dating.

Our conversations have all been pretty good, we have not had a fight over anything and we get along really well.

As I mentioned she does not have a cell phone and with the apartment that she lives in and the amount of money that she makes, she does not currently have a house phone.

Feb 4, 2010, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by neverme View Post
    I don't like to say I disagree with amicon, but I differ a lil!

I think that considering you have only spoken once and seem to be internet buddies, correct me if I'm wrong please, I would not contact her friend.

There are so many warnings about the potential of eh,...weirdness in people meeting over the internet. I am not insinuating you fit in this catagory but it may seem that way as it has only been a week.

I think that you should try to keep your mind off her by doing something else, try to stay off the computer as much as possible, it is just a reminder of her. Excercise is a great way to get your mind off a difficult situation.
    Well we have been going out a while now, as I mentioned earlier, I am just a bit worried is all because she is almost always there to talk to me. Also I do not think either one of us has to worry about the other being and internet creep, lol. We have been talking a lot longer than we have been actually going out. Thank you for the help though, I will try to hang out with friends more and keep away from the computer.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 01:41 PM
    Internet relationships are tricky. Regardless of how many hours/weeks/months/years you spend chatting, it lacks realness, because there's no physical aspects to the relationship.

Either way, you're just going to have to wait for her to contact you when she gets a chance, but don't sit around the computer waiting for her. Continue to do your own thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I miss him.does he miss and love me too? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago now. We talk everyday whether it is online or through text. We do not talk on the phone but even while dating we didn't. He is just not a phone person. Well when we broke up it was all his choice. He said that there were things about me that he...

What would cause my 99 Taurus to miss, and then run great, miss etc etc? [ 4 Answers ]

It will idle up to about 2000 rpm, runs fine, starts coming down, running good, drop to 700/800 rpm, starts spuddering, does not kill. And I am hearing a loud hiss, like there is a vacume leak, somewhere between the engine and the fire wall.

Does my ex miss me? [ 11 Answers ]

OK so my ex broke up with me about 9 months ago and when he broke up with me he only told me that he doesn't love me anymore and that was it and then I did call him the first few days but he never answered, we had been going out for 5 yrs so it was a very long time but then I accepted it and...

I miss her [ 1 Answers ]

I have found out I have bi polar disorder. I lost a lot of friends and family.most important the girl of my dreams. She still tells me she loves me and wants to be with me but is scared of the up and down moods.how should I handle this?

View more questions Search