Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ronarrowman Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 11:25 PM
    My dog keeps peeing on my bed!!
    My dogs name is Skylar and I have had her sense she was a little muffin. She is now 3 years old and she keeps peeing on my bed for some unknown reason. Skylar is a very smart dog. She has been potty trained sense 1 year old. She NEVER goes on the carpet and NEVER goes anywhere but outside. We have this routine, when she is at the back door. When she barks once you better let her out, If she barks twice you better hurry, if she barks 3 times she's getting impatient lol. I was living with my boyfriend for 2 months and decided to move back with my parents because I needed to get something's straight. She see's him everyday for we are still together and she is in love with him. I had just finished cleaning my room at my parents house and noticed that RIGHT after I made the bed, she urinated on the comforter. I was so upset but I couldn't do anything about it because I didn't catch her in the act. All I did was look at her and think, why would she do this? It is not at all like her. Just now, I made my bed and laid down next to her and laid RIGHT in a pee spot on my comforter. I AM SO ANGRY. I do not know what to do. She only pees on the bed it seems when I make it. What could be going on here? Advice, anything? Thank you.
    drdradle Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

Feb 4, 2010, 01:41 AM

It may be the comforter that you are using if it is new or a different one from what you had before you moved in with your parents. It could also be just the different place, she may not be use to it. I am not an expert though, that is just what I think. You may have to try and get her to stay off the bed for now.
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 01:46 PM

Sounds behavioural to me. Sounds like a dominence thing. The pup sounds house broken, so she could be marking her territory, yes female dogs do this.
    Has your dog been to the vet to rule out a bladder infection or urinary tract infection?
    When your dog pees on the bed it's like he is saying that it is HIS domain, and you can hang out there too, as a guest.
    I am not a big fan of sharing a bed with the dog, small or large, but I do understand why people do it. I have to ask, it sounds like pup will pee on the bed whether you are around or not? It kind of sounds like your dog is the Queen B, not submissive at all?
    (my answer will vary depending on your response to those questions)
    But my advice for the most part will be to keep your dog off your bed.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2010, 04:57 PM

Time to kick puppy out of the bedroom.

Mine also did this... my male would jump up on my bed and unleash his bladder all over my bed covers.
    Now, he doesn't get let in the bedroom unless he is being led in there to be put in his crate at bed-time.

My female marks her teritory, she is worse than my male and they are both desexed, but she has never done it in the house.
    Instead, she lifrs her leg (yes, my FEMALE lifts her leg) on every branch, shrub and fence during walks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten peeing in bed [ 3 Answers ]

My mum and dads boy kitten keeps peeing in there bed and they don't know what to do to stop him, any suggestions? Would really help.

Our kitten is peeing on our bed [ 1 Answers ]

We adopted a female kitten, Bella, 2 1/2 weeks ago (she is about 3 months old). According to the Cat Rescue place, she was born approximately 1 May 2009. Bella and her litter mates were found around 5 Jun 2009, supposedly abandoned by their mother. I realize kittens shouldn't be separated from...

Kitten peeing on the Bed [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, my best friend just got a kitten today and it is a boy, nuetered and got its rabbie shots. She brought it home and put him down. He, of course, ran under the bed. She put him on her bed and he has been sleeping a lot there. But he pees on the bed. I don't think he has ever been introduced to...

Puppy Peeing In the bed [ 3 Answers ]

My 8 month old puppy Is house trained, Downstairs. She pees in my daughters bed and will Poop in my others daughters floor. She knows as soon as she does it she is in trouble. I know when she comes down stairs She will sit n the couch with her ears back and have that "mommy I am sorry" look on her...

My daschund is peeing on my bed [ 1 Answers ]

I know you've had this question before but I never saw the answer why. My 2 yr old mini pees on my bed every so often and I'm besides myself on how to break her of it. We live in Alaska and the summer is easy for her and she'll go outside but in winter I put paper down for her and she knows to go...

View more questions Search