Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sherryb51 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 08:26 PM
    Old thermostat had 3 degree before heat would come on this one is .5 degree
    The old thermostat would drop 3 degrees before firing up the furnace to heat. This Noma model 52-2570-6 drops .5 degree and it comes on to heat. I want to have the 3 degrees, because the furnace is coming on every 10 minutes
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 11:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherryb51 View Post
    The old thermostat would drop 3 degrees before firing up the furnace to heat. This Noma model 52-2570-6 drops .5 degree and it comes on to heat. I want to have the 3 degrees, because the furnace is coming on every 10 minutes

Read your manual that came with your thermostat and if available change the anticipation setting. Newer thermostats are more accurate than old. Good luck.

Feb 4, 2010, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    Read your manual that came with your thermostat and if available change the anticipation setting. Newer thermostats are more accurate than old. Good luck.
    Read the manual until I am blue in the face. You can't adjust the variance. I can't live with my furnace kicking on very 10 minutes. Hopefully some will have a solution other than throughing this thermostat out.

Feb 4, 2010, 12:51 PM
    If it is not adjustable did you program the thermostat for the correct type? Usually there is a selection for electric,gas,hot water etc. Those settings can also make a difference.

Feb 4, 2010, 01:33 PM

Thank you for response. We have set to gas which we have. So it is not that. We have read the manual from to back. I have looked on line with no luck. I am to the point there is only one solution. The Garbage!

Feb 4, 2010, 01:40 PM
    I run a 6 cycle setup at my home. That means my system under ideal circumstances will turn off and then back on 6 times per hour. I hate large temperature swings.

One tip you might try. Seal the opening where the wires come through the wall behind the thermostat. This can make a substantial difference in some installs since it prevents the air in the wall from telling the thermostat what to do instead of the air in the room.

Feb 4, 2010, 01:45 PM

Thank you we will give that a try.

Feb 4, 2010, 02:17 PM
    Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

90 degree elbow on heat pump compressor? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all, My 17 year old R22 system died (compressor motor opened up) and I am installing a new 16.5 seer R410a system. I am doing all the mechanical and electrical work which I am very comfortable with but leaving the line connections/pressures to an expert to do. My question is, can a 90 degree...

Can indian master degree eligible to apply for H1 master degree quota? [ 4 Answers ]

HI I have a master degree(2 year) in computer science engineering from an Indian university. Would I be able to apply for H1 visa under h1 master degree quota?? Or would I be able to apply under both general and master degree quota? Help me out guys.. Thanks,

AA degree [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to receive a AA degree through correspondance classes only? Is there a possible way to get an AA degree more quick than 2 years?

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

What do I do with my degree? [ 13 Answers ]

Hey Everyone, Thank you for including me in your forum. I have been battling for the past year to get a job that corresponds with my degree. I have a bachelor of Social Sciences degree and majored in Psychology and Sociology. I have applyied to so many jobs but every single one of them requires...

View more questions Search