Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vasimkaradkar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 04:29 PM
    We have to serve child first or old people when they dining with a group of people
    We have to serve child first or old people when they dining with a group of people
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2010, 06:36 PM

What is the culture background, if you are German the older custom is to always serve the adult men first.

Many customs serve the older first, but then many serve the kids, get them out of the way to a children's table and then adults
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 8, 2010, 08:48 AM

I was raised using the rule that you start serving with the senior-most female guest at the table - or it it's all family then the senior-most female. Then continue in order with the rest of the females (not by order of age, but by where they are sitting, starting to the left of the person you served first) - including girls as well as women. Then serve the men and boys - pick one to start with (senior male guest, or senior person) and continue in order around the table. Nobody starts eating until all have been served at the table, unless the host or hostess indicates otherwise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A group has 200 people. What is probability that 5 have the same birthday? [ 6 Answers ]

I have 200 Facebook friends and 5 of them share the same birthday. None are related to one another. I thought this was a bit strange.

Why is my best friend angry with me whenever we hang out with a group of people [ 10 Answers ]

We're both 19. Basically I've been dating a guy for a few months who is very personable. Almost anytime we go anywhere, we invite people along. Of course, I always invite her. She can be excited to go, but when we get there she acts completely miserable despite everyone trying to cheer her up. For...

Do people grow out of group sex, swinging, etc, those lifestyles? [ 4 Answers ]

Do people ever grow out of the group sex and swinging lifestyles? Do they ever get tired of it as they get older and want a relationship with one person or do they always have that lifestyle?

Odd 90s movie about a group of friends who throw dinner parties and judge people [ 2 Answers ]

I figured it out the movie was the last supper. If someone can tell me how to get rid of this question now...

View more questions Search