Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stjohnz4u Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 01:03 PM
    Installing bypass shower doors and the shwer walls aren't plumb so doors have gaps
    Cannot adjust shower doors to align correctly because shower walls aren't plumb... the shower bypass doors/rails etc are level and plumb but they leave gaps because the wall of the shower isn't plumb... any way to correct that enough to align the doors? Out of plumb appx 1/8 " on both sides.

Also forgot to add... this is a shower/tub insert... any way to adjust/shim the walls at the top of the shower walls to bring them into plumb so the bypass doors line up?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 4, 2010, 02:31 AM

Usually, doors can be adjusted to compensate for uneven walls. Also, you can put shims under vertical rails that attach to the wall. Caulk the gap.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2010, 02:24 AM

Remove door from upper track. At top of door u will see a tab with wheel on it. The tab will have either 3 or 4 holes in it. Relocate one wheel to another hole. This will change the hang of door.

If u want to bring the top of door into wall track, move wheel closest to wall up one or two holes.

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing bypass shower doors and the shwer walls aren't plumb so doors have gaps [ 0 Answers ]

Cannot adjust shower doors to align correctly because shower walls aren't plumb... the shower bypass doors are level and plumb but they leave gaps because the wall of the shower isn't plumb... any way to correct that enough to align the doors? Out of plumb appx 1/8 " on both sides.

Replacing bedroom hollow doors with 6 panel pine doors. [ 4 Answers ]

I am replacing my bedroom hollow doors with 6 panel pine doors. My problem is that the 6 panel pine doors are not fitting properly. When I hung one door with the same size hinges I was able to put the screws in the same holes as the old ones but the door will not close. The new door is about...

Installing double doors [ 20 Answers ]

I have a set of hurricane resistant 15 pane french doors I want to install in replace of my 30" wide single door. I have a total of 65" of space to work with and my doors measure 30" each. It is a load bearing wall with just the roof overhead gable end. Can I replace my original 30" wide door...

Installing fixtures over garage doors [ 4 Answers ]

We just installed three single garage doors. Would like to put two light fixtures on either side of doors. Question: How high do I install light fixture or how low from top of garage door? Thank you

Installing Fiberglass Entry Doors [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the process of getting some new pre-hung fiberglass doors. I was told (by my brother) that I can’t use storm doors with fiberglass (or metal) doors. It turns into a greenhouse, and stuff then warps, including the parts of the storm door itself. Is that true? Thanks, Brian

View more questions Search