Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MimiGirl Posts: 141, Reputation: 0

Nov 22, 2006, 06:43 AM
    Missed Period for 2 months but tests are NEGATIVE
    Hello, Iam 22 and Iam really nervouse and scared.. Iam married but me and my husband began to use condoms instead of any birth control pill or patches. Before I got married and began to use the Ortha Evora Patches I sometimes had irregular periods( I wouldn't get it for weeks or even a few months).. Then when I was engaged I began to use the Ortha Evora Patches so I wouldn't get pregnant-these patches regulated my period and every 4th week of every month I got my menstration.. Now I stopped using the patches this year because I was gaining weight and also because of the risks it had to give you blood clots and other symptons.. After I stopped I got my period every month but not the same day but now the last time I had my period was on Sept. 21, 2006 I haven't gotten my period on October nor this month November.. I mean, I would wake up feeling cramps and stuff but nothing comes out.. Ive also was passing through a lot of stress cause I am moving and my parents think it's the stress. I also have been getting really bad odor when I pee-I don't know if a infection can prevent you from having your period all I do know is that I took 4 e.p.t(error proof tests) at home and they all came out negative-I don't know if its because Iam doing the tests wrong or the tests are accurate.. Ive been testing in the afternoon and not in the morning-would it be better to test in the morning?
    I also haven't seen a doctor cause I don't want to miss any days of work.. I don't know what to do and need some advice.. I don't want to be pregnant cause Iam not ready for it now and everyday I wonder if Iam pregnant.. I haven't gotten any symptons of pregnancy like morning sickness, or dizzyness, or eating a lot.. I would eat normally but what I have been getting is a lot of pimples on my face and other places like my hand and chest..
    I need help.. please give me some advice..
    MJ6216 Posts: 115, Reputation: 7

Nov 22, 2006, 09:09 AM
    Take a home pregnancy test.

Nov 22, 2006, 09:16 AM
    I did take a home pregnancy test.. "e.p.t "
    I took it 4 times and all of them came out NEGATIVE:(
    Everynow and then I feel cramps but nothing arrives
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2006, 09:28 AM
    Are you under a lot of stress?

Nov 22, 2006, 09:47 AM
    Well kind of.. I was before when I was moving.. but now I am already to my new apartment.. the only thing that I can't stop thinking about is what if Iam pregnant:(
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 22, 2006, 09:49 AM
    If its been 2 months go visit your gynea.

Nov 22, 2006, 09:51 AM
    I Think Something Like This Is Worth Missing A Half A Day Of Work... you Should Go To The Doctor

Nov 22, 2006, 09:56 AM
    That's true.. but I think the clinic that I go to will be open this Saturday so if it is Ill go and let them know what's happening to me.. I just wanted to know if anyone else has past through this situation..
    Thanks for all your response and help:)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 22, 2006, 01:47 PM
    This could be stress related, but I agree with the others, go get a blood test taken.

Also know that HPTs MUST be taken with the first morning urine when the hcg (pregnancy hormone) is most abundant in your urine. So, you could be pregnant, but you took the test too late in the day.

Not everyone has morning sickness, dizziness or eating a lot. I was 4 months before I even knew I was pregnant with my daughter.

Nov 22, 2006, 02:15 PM
    The thing is that in the instructions of the pregnancy tests it said that I can take the test at any hour of the day.. that's why I took it in th afternoon-but Ill take another one tomorrow morning.. thanx again
    Expert

Nov 22, 2006, 02:22 PM
    Yes, that is what it says in the instructions. I know, I did that too actually. But after sleeping all night and you have urine building up in your bladder the concentration is higher in the morning.

But an hour missed from work, do it on your lunch hour if you can, is nothing compared to what other things could possibly be going on. If this comes out negative you need to have a blood test drawn.

Good luck and I hope you get the answer you want.

Nov 22, 2006, 02:32 PM
    Thank you for your help and advice..
    Iam going to take the test again tomorrow morning and I hope it comes out negative.. if it does and I still haven't gotten my menstration Ill go to the clinic on Saturday morning Ill let you know laterz the results.. Thankx again for everything;)
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Nov 22, 2006, 03:43 PM
    Go to a professional... doctor... if one doctor does not give you an explanation... go to another professional... remember in the years before DNA was used to determine a daddy... the woman with cramps was told it was in her head... so to stop accepting misdiagnoses... go to another physician...
    Expert

Nov 22, 2006, 03:48 PM
    Luna, did I miss it? I could have as I am rather tired, but I thought she has not been to a doc yet, only taken 4 home tests.

I really hope she goes to the doc tomorrow. She should definitely get an explination she understands.

Nov 24, 2006, 06:28 AM
    Hello,
    Just wanted to inform you that I took the home test on Thursday morning and it still came out negative.. Iam going to have to go to the doctor this Saturday and see what's up with this

Nov 24, 2006, 06:30 AM
    Well then since you have taken four of them already I would suggest going to see your doctor!
    Expert

Nov 24, 2006, 06:30 AM
    Yup, Mimi, it is time to go to the doctor now, get a blood test and a physical.

Keep us posted.

Dec 4, 2006, 06:26 AM
    HELLO EVERYONE!! :D :D
    Just wanted to let you know that this past Friday I finally got my menstration.. Iam so happy and relieved that I wasn't preganant:o
    Thank you all for your responses and help, I honestly do think it was stress related that was not letting me have my period..
    But now I have it and I am super HAPPY:rolleyes:
    Thanks again
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Dec 4, 2006, 01:16 PM
    Blessed be... for you are happy that you are not pregnant. But in the future use some serious protection. I will hate to revisit this event again. Please take care of yourself...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

Missed Period/ Negative pregnant. Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm joelle and I'm 21 yrs old. I went off the mircette birth control pill in October and for two months I had periods that came about 6 weeks apart... before going off the pill and before I started the pill they were like clockwork every 28 days. But I did get those two periods of normal length...

Missed period [ 4 Answers ]

I haven't had a period since January 6, it is now February26. I've taken 4 epts and they have come out negative. Is it possible to be pregnant and yet test negative? How long should I wait before I see my np? I've had a child already, so I'm a bit confused. I have had some cramping similar to...

Three negative hpt's and still no period! [ 3 Answers ]

About two months ago I stopped taking my birth control pill because my husband and I are trying to conceive. Last month, I got my period like normal. This month I am almost a week late. I know for sure that I had my peak ovulation on January 22nd, and my hubby and I had intercourse frequently...

Missed period?! [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had my period since the 1st week in April and the only thing I can think of as to why is that I started taking singulair in between April & may for asthma- could this be true? And also I have never gone all the way but my boyfriend and I do masturbate each other- there wouldn't be any...

View more questions Search