Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Perske Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 01:21 AM
    Liver function count very high
    My mother is an alcoholic, although she doesn't admit to it. Doctor sent her for a liver function test. Test showed a count of 1 075. Is this very high? What is a normal liver count?

What are the dangers involved?
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

Feb 3, 2010, 07:38 AM

1075 seems like a very high count. Normal counts would be AST (SGOT) is 5 to 40 units per liter of serum; and ALT (SGPT) is from 7 to 56 units per liter of serum. However, levels of these enzymes do not necessarily correlate with the extent of liver damage or the prognosis for the patient. Patients can recover from very high elevations of liver enzymes, depending on the cause and treatment. The dangers involved are cirrohsis of the liver, liver cancer, and death.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

High red blood cell count, hair loss, high RDW -- cancer? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Four months ago my mom began losing a lot of hair and it didn't stop and doesn't look like it's growing back in. Also, I've noticed that in her face it seems to have aged 5 years in the last 4 months. That could be just normal aging, but it seems like it should not have happened that fast,...

Liver count exremely high [ 5 Answers ]

My wife has had a liver count for the past two years in the high 900's. She takes the blood tests every six months and no changes. There still high. They have her take vitiams and she takes all sorts of meds. Still no changes. Still high. They say she has no liver problems. Then why is her levels...

Elevated liver count [ 2 Answers ]

My son apparently has Benign acute myositis. His liver count is 696 when I understand it should be under 41. Is this normal and are there certain things we should avoid or enforce during this time. Also when should it get back to normal?

Excel Count Function [ 4 Answers ]

In November 2004 Leif 5233 wrote the following regarding counting cells highlighted in a certain colour: ------------------ Create this function: Function CountCol(SumRange As Range, intColor As Integer) As Integer Dim I As Integer Dim Cell As Range Set SumRange =...

View more questions Search